My friend Henry finally has the money he needs to buy himself a new guitar. His current guitar is an 80's Squier strat that belonged to both his father and his uncle. He has an idea of what he wants, but hes not sure, and hes asked me for help. However, I'm not that educated in the realms of super-strats, so I decided to come here for help.

Budget: $400-500

New or Used: New. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't want another used guitar, he wants something that he can call his own.

He wants a super-strat without a doubt. Right now he's obsessed with Stave Vai and Joe Satch, so he wants something with a not-to-radical shape and a Floyd Rose. He also wants the Floyd to be very good quality, his current guitar had some intonation issues that almost made him go mad. He also likes to go clean, Its not that important, but it would be a huge plus.

All help is greatly appreciated!
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Good luck on finding a good double locking trem on a guitar at that price
Just look at Ibanez guitar's, they're all top quality instruments and have Floyd Rose type tremolo systems with little difference. All good musical outlets should stock ibanez guitars so make sure you try before you buy! Hope this helps
Sorry to sound like a prick but the best you'll get at that price are licensed floyds and ibanez edge III or ZR1 trems. all of which use cheaper metals and therefore will eventually have tuning issues
try the newer ibanez rgs that have the edge zero II. that's supposed to be the best lower end trem
This probably isn't the answer you want but I think a few lower end Ibanez might have a FR super-strat shape. But make sure you try before you buy. Most important thing. If he doesn't like the feel or the sound, no problem, just grab another off the wall and try that.
PSN - Boosted928
you should be able to find a used ibanez prestige at that price if you're lucky.

edit: he wants something new? tell him to pull his head out of his arse, all he's going to get at that price is shit if you're looking at double locking trems.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
you should be able to find a used ibanez prestige at that price if you're lucky.

edit: he wants something new? tell him to pull his head out of his arse, all he's going to get at that price is shit if you're looking at double locking trems.

i would have expressed it another way, but thats the truth.. start looking for a used upper-mid pricerange superstrat or if you reaaaaallllyyyyy want a new guitar check out the ibanez rg premium, they might be a bit too expensive for your budget but i think this tremolo is the same as in the prestige series and they stay in tune! (and premium rgs sound really good^^