I've been looking at both. I've played an Artcore and was quite pleased with it. Haven't had the chance to play a Viking yet. Was wondering what UG had to say.
Which kind of Artcore are you talking about? Solid, semi-hollow, or full hollow body?
Love that Ibanez! I haven't played the hagstrom yet. Don't even know where to find them.
I found a local shop where I can try one. It's like 20 minutes away though so I haven't had the chance to go check it out. Just trying to gather some info on both of them.
Well, I have an AF75TDG that I really like. I'm a bit less than impressed with the bridge (bit buzzy and the gold is rubbing off), but that's minor. I'm not complaining, it still sounds and plays good and I don't regret buying it at all

However, I definitely would NOT buy one online after trying a couple first hand. One was great (the one I bought), the other just plain sucked. The bad one just didn't play well or feel right for some reason, but nothing I could really point to and say "that's bad!"
I love the Viking and Hagstrom make some awesome guitars. I tried one a little while ago and if it wasn't for the pricetag lol I would of got it in a heartbeat. I am still saving for one though. They play great and sound awesome give them a try if you can you won't be sorry.
Thanks for the advice, guys! Played an Ibanez AF95 (http://www.ibanez.com/HollowBodyGuitars/model-AF95) yesterday. It was ok I guess. I'm thinking it was just the amp I was running it through. Unplugged it sounded great. Was a little uncomfortable but it's prob something I'd get used to. I'm thinking about getting up early tomorrow and going to check out the Hagstrom before work tomorrow.
Last edited by drdoom8793 at Aug 26, 2011,
Hollowbodies always vary hugely between guitars, even of the same model. I liked the Hagstrom a lot better, but tell us what you think after you've tried it. Make sure you try out some of the Hofner offerings if you have the chance - they've got some excellent guitars in this price range.
Hagstroms have great quality for the price. I've only played one Viking, and while I wasn't in love with it, I only compared it to the rest of their guitars that I have played, which were great.

You still should try it out, but I definitely recommend a Hagstrom if you are looking for what they offer (I'd have a Super Swede myself, but I the only turn off was I can't reach past the 17th fret practically. Otherwise, an amazing guitar)
I haven't played a Hagstrom that i didn't like. I love the viking, and if i could save up the money i would prolly grab one. Prolly gonna end up with an Epi Dot eventually though haha. What can i say, im a big fan of The Killers