Over the past few years i've been stocking up on some of my favorite classics on Vinyl, mainly for collectable purposes. But the more new releases I seem to get I really want to have a way to play them. Unfortunately being from generation where digital rules all, I lack the knowledge of what is needed to spin my favorite records.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the hardware needed would be: A Turntable, Receiver, and a pair of Speakers. I'm on a budget so id Like to spend around, if not less than $350. Im not looking for top of the line gear by any means, just something average enough to get the job done.Feel Free to link me to recommended gear (Preferably from Amazon)

Here's What I'm considering now, Ive yet to pick any speakers

Turntable

Receiver
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Just go to Goodwill and buy a decent older stereo for like $10...
I got mine from ebay for about 40 bucks but I'm sure you can get them cheaper. I also recommend you get an analog mixer and tube amp to go with it but most of the newer turntables have built in speakers.

Edit: btw, I was born in the 90's, so I am also not a natural at this. I was cool with CD's and cassetes but I never got into ipods and mp3's. I've been collecting vinyl since I was 12, though. I don't think you need a receiver. If you use a mixer, you can dictate how exactly you want it to sound and you can also convert vinyl to mp3 if you want with that method. A tube amp will give it the "warm" feel.
Last edited by JohnSmith85 at Aug 24, 2011,