Page 1 of 7
So yeah, whenever someone talks to me about "god" and "heaven", I kinda get frustrated and exasperated. I had a dream 2 nights ago where I was screaming at this woman's face because she told me that god would be there for me in heaven.

And whenever I read anti-religious lines, I can't help but agree and smile (for example: "Abolish The Rules Made Of Stone" from Raining Blood).

I try to respect other people's opinions, but I can't help but disagree with their beliefs and ask myself why they just can't face reality, be intelligent a little, and realise that it isn't no invisible man that created the Universe.

P.S.: This thread isn't about the Big Bang theory.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
No. You are a hateful freak and you are alone.

WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Chillax brosef.

I hate religion too, but getting all worked up about it helps no one.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
No, I have no hate in my heart. It saddens me to see someone who has steered so far from the path, one day I hope that you find God, then you can be happy.

God bless.
Normal people don't care about things they don't care about so you're not normal.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
hates a strong word dude, dont agree with is much better way phrase it. As an Atheist i would rather appear to be intelligent side and not get into senseless arguments because someone pissed someone else off
Quote by DimebagZappa
Theres no proof whatsoever for either side. Dont be so sure of yourself.
/thread

Wait, why would you need proof that there's NOT a god?
Quote by Iced Earth9
I try to respect other people's opinions, but I can't help but disagree with their beliefs and ask myself why they just can't face reality, be intelligent a little, and realise that it isn't no invisible man that created the Universe.

You do realize that you don't know that, right? I'm an Atheist, but it would be foolish of me to say that there is no God when I don't know. No one knows, there is no right or wrong answer at this moment and I doubt there ever will be.
and if you started talking about atheism and they started getting pissed?

then you would think they are stupid and an idiot, im sure.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO

All the hate on religion wont fix anything, quite the contrary.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Iced Earth9

Oh really?

Quote by Jackintehbox

The same reason you need proof that there IS one. So one side can say "I told you so".

Really, the only point when the answer about God's existence is actually important is when you're dead. But at that point you're dead so who the f*ck cares anymore?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by DimebagZappa
Theres no proof whatsoever for either side. Dont be so sure of yourself.
/thread

wut
Quote by NothingRocks
You do realize that you don't know that, right? I'm an Atheist, but it would be foolish of me to say that there is no God when I don't know.

It's impossible to know that there is definitely no gods, but I think it's fair to say that all religion is wrong. The Abrahamic god of Judiasm, Christianity and Islam does not exist.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I certainly hope there are more people who are respectful of other people's beliefs than people who hate anything they disagree with(which would make you not normal). Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Some of the most intelligent people believe in God, are you calling them dumb? Just because you think what you believe is the ultimate truth doesn't mean you have to be a hateful jerk to other people.

It's people like you, who make religious people mad, and start trying to defend their religion from your hate, even though they should just pray for you and not try and feed your hatred.

I'll be prayen for you, maybe you'll chillax and just act like a normal human being.
Around here, half the forum hates religion...

Quote by ethan_hanus
Some of the most intelligent people believe in God, are you calling them dumb? Just because you think what you believe is the ultimate truth doesn't mean you have to be a hateful jerk to other people.

It's people like you, who make religious people mad, and start trying to defend their religion from your hate, even though they should just pray for you and not try and feed your hatred.

I'll be prayen for you, maybe you'll chillax and just act like a normal human being.

TS did not call anyone dumb. Now, go take a chill pill and don't go attacking anyone. Heesh!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 24, 2011,
I'd just like to know why religion started.
If I created a long story about the world being created when Goku used his Spirit Bomb in the middle of an empty galaxy, nobody would think twice about it. So why were people drawn to the Bible/Torah/Qur'an/etc?

I'm also an athiest, but I tend to stay away from religious discussion.
I don't even ever really think about religion unless someone brings it up.
YA'LL SINNERS GONN' BURN IN HELL

But seriously, I believe in God and Jebus, but I don't go to church or anything. I like to keep my beliefs to myself.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by ethan_hanus

I'll be prayen for you,
maybe you'll chillax and just act like a normal human being.

pear relevant

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
[quote="ethan_hanusI'll be prayen for you, maybe you'll chillax and just act like a normal human being.You want people to take you seriously and you write chillax?
I think of it as a limit, TS. As x approaches infinity the possibility that y is true grows. I personally have struggled with faith and religion, but it always comes back to me. No matter what difficulty I've had in my life, I always end up appreciating the fact that I'm still alive, and I end up thanking God for what I have.
Quote by Jackintehbox

Think about it this way. I don't know that there's a guy named Steve who lives on a marshmallow planet somewhere in outer space, but I can't say for sure that there isn't.

I really don't see how anyone could just say, "There definitely is not a god". It just seems like an irrational assumption to me. It's actually kind of a small-minded way of thinking, the way I see it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly a Christian, I guess you could say I'm sort of a cross between agnostic and deist.

And it's even more ridiculous if you actually get angry at people for believing something, especially if 75% of the people in your country believe it. That's just making things harder for yourself...

I mean, I understand where you're coming from TS, my parents were both raised Church of Christ, but my dad ended up this complete anti-Christian pseudo-intellectual type. Growing up, he practically brainwashed me into thinking Christianity was horrible and stupid and all Christians were deranged hypocrites. I'm glad I eventually opened my eyes and saw the truth. When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter if you believe in God or the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the Force or Batman or whatever. The way I see it, that kind of stuff is completely irrelevant.

Who. Cares.
Last edited by CaptDin at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by Iced Earth9
So yeah, whenever someone talks to me about "god" and "heaven", I kinda get frustrated and exasperated. I had a dream 2 nights ago where I was screaming at this woman's face because she told me that god would be there for me in heaven.

And whenever I read anti-religious lines, I can't help but agree and smile (for example: "Abolish The Rules Made Of Stone" from Raining Blood).

No

Won't be long til Zoot rages in here.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Jackintehbox

Because nobody will believe us until we can disprove their ideas of god with solid facts.
They are obviously all cults gone wild but tell them that....
inb4 everybody flames Ethan for no particular reason

Anyway, it's not normal, because religious people outnumber atheists by a lot. "Normal" doesn't matter though. I guess I don't like religion, but I have nothing against religious people as individuals. You shouldn't care, really.
If a religious person tried to force their opinion on me, I would give them a piece of my mind, but from my own experience I've never really met anyone like that. People generally keep their religious beliefs to themselves where I'm from.
Quote by NothingRocks
You do realize that you don't know that, right? I'm an Atheist, but it would be foolish of me to say that there is no God when I don't know. No one knows, there is no right or wrong answer at this moment and I doubt there ever will be.

No you're Agnostic.

Anyway. TS, you're perfectly normal for what I assume you are, an angst ridden teenager. Religion is a touchy subject, but hating religion is just as stupid as religious people being fanatical about it. Sometimes when I'm in pretty low places I wish I had religion, a belief it was all going somewhere. That's what religion is to a lot of people, it's not about is there a God, is there not, are the rules right, blah blah, it's a coping mechanism.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
If you were walking down the street and saw a person walking calmly with a cross/religious ornament on their person, would you insult them?

If you're mad at nutjobs who don't respect your opinion, that's normal. Most normal religious people don't like extremists. But if you're actively going to force atheism down people's throats and call their beliefs bullshit then that's just mean.

Plus, a lot of people who may talk to you about religion may not be trying to be mean. Some people just like to share how God/Allah/whoever has helped them in their life, and they want other people to feel happy.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
religeon is just gives people who dont understand everything in life something to belive because without it they would just go crazy worrying about death and purpose and stuff. Personally i hate any religeous acts that people commit to push their religeon or contradict scientifically proven knowledge. (for example, going door to door preaching or saying the world was created 2000 years ago). but i really dont care if someone wants to beleive in a god on their own time without preaching to non-beleivers.
Quote by funky_monk94
religeon is just gives people who dont understand everything in life something to belive because without it they would just go crazy worrying about death and purpose and stuff. Personally i hate any religeous acts that people commit to push their religeon or contradict scientifically proven knowledge. (for example, going door to door preaching or saying the world was created 2000 years ago). but i really dont care if someone wants to beleive in a god on their own time without preaching to non-beleivers.

sometimes i wish i was religious because i constantly wonder about death.

it would be so much easier to just think you were going to some place of gold and clouds.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Just as a legitimate, simple question:

TS you are aware that not all "religious" people run around screaming that you're going to hell and that evolution is a lie, right? Because I feel like that's important.

As a religious studies major I find some of the posts in this thread more than a little bit disturbing.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
I'll pray for you TS.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
See, as a Christian myself, I find it rather offensive that you decide to pre-judge me based on the fact I belive in a creator of the Universe. I don't care if you're atheist, but I find it distasteful that you call me unintelligent because our beliefs don't see eye-to-eye. I'm not going to go out and hate on you because you're an atheist, all I ask is you treat me the same.

Just my $0.02.
I pride myself on my humility.