Hey I made a track in reason, trying to get my mix done in pro tools.

First I created 4 Aux tracks for my 4 reason tracks in pro tools, all rewired with reason. Then I reroute them with the stereo buses to 4 Audio Track.

when I press play I hear the track in my Aux and in my Audio, but when I try to record my Audio Track wont record OR play at all.

I checked evrywhere online and Im sure ive got it right , but i must be missing something.

Anyone care to help?
Don't use either program much (in fact I've never used Reason, but have some PT experience), but I'd hazard a guess that you need to set the recording input to that of the bus tracks, as at the moment they will probably be set to the inputs on your interface/soundcard, correct?

If not, then I'm afraid you'll have to google/try Avid and Propellerhead forums/wait for more responses
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Don't use either program much (in fact I've never used Reason, but have some PT experience), but I'd hazard a guess that you need to set the recording input to that of the bus tracks, as at the moment they will probably be set to the inputs on your interface/soundcard, correct?

If not, then I'm afraid you'll have to google/try Avid and Propellerhead forums/wait for more responses

Yeah I did That my Audio track imput( the recording track) is the same bus as my Aux Track out. I'm pretty sure I got the settings right, I might just be missing an sub-option thing somewhere, I'm prety new to PT myself and still learning.

Thanks for the reply tho.
Quote by ShevanelFlip
Yeah I did That my Audio track imput( the recording track) is the same bus as my Aux Track out. I'm pretty sure I got the settings right, I might just be missing an sub-option thing somewhere, I'm prety new to PT myself and still learning.

Thanks for the reply tho.

No worries, let's go through it step by step though.

You created the tracks with Reason as the input, via ReWire (I presume that's how Reason/ReWire works?). Then you set the track outputs to the new audio tracks? Then you set the input of those audio tracks to those aux tracks instead of your interface inputs? Then you armed the audio tracks for recording?

Also, when you hit record in PT, do you then have to hit play in Reason or does ReWire let PT control Reason completely?
Quote by DisarmGoliath
No worries, let's go through it step by step though.

You created the tracks with Reason as the input, via ReWire (I presume that's how Reason/ReWire works?). Then you set the track outputs to the new audio tracks? Then you set the input of those audio tracks to those aux tracks instead of your interface inputs? Then you armed the audio tracks for recording?

Also, when you hit record in PT, do you then have to hit play in Reason or does ReWire let PT control Reason completely?

What I did is I Created one Aux Track For each of my track I have in my reason song in PT.
Then I had the rewire Plugin set in in each of these tracks. Then Back In reason I made my Connection in the sound interface so they would match the new tracks in PT.

THen In PT i use the Bus of each track to send the signal into 4 more AUDIO track (wich can record).

Then I arm my Audio Track, Arm PT and press play, the song plays, but only in the Aux Track wich is weird because when I just press play without record I get sound on all 8 track ( AUX and Audio).

Iunno maybe i have to arm the Aux track too, il try that.

EDIT : That dint work.
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Aug 24, 2011,
Quote by ShevanelFlip
What I did is I Created one Aux Track For each of my track I have in my reason song in PT.
Then I had the rewire Plugin set in in each of these tracks. Then Back In reason I made my Connection in the sound interface so they would match the new tracks in PT.

THen In PT i use the Bus of each track to send the signal into 4 more AUDIO track (wich can record).

Then I arm my Audio Track, Arm PT and press play, the song plays, but only in the Aux Track wich is weird because when I just press play without record I get sound on all 8 track ( AUX and Audio).

Iunno maybe i have to arm the Aux track too, il try that.

EDIT : That dint work.

I'm stumped then, and not in the mood for reading up on software I don't use (Reason)

Try asking on the Avid and Propellerhead forums to see if anyone there can shed some light?
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I'm stumped then, and not in the mood for reading up on software I don't use (Reason)

Try asking on the Avid and Propellerhead forums to see if anyone there can shed some light?

haaa yeah dont worry, il do my own seacrh, just see if someone could help me here trying to get lucky,