Hello, I just got my first tube amp and cabinet today. I like it, although, I've had many problems right from the start.

One thing is, when I turn on the amp no sound comes out. But, When I turn on the standby switch, It works but it kinda sounds flat. Is that normal or do I have to be playing REALLY loud? Because I had it turned up to about 2.5 and it was extremely loud for a small room. It sounded nice but not great. Also, if anyone is familiar with this amp, I'd like to know some good tips that will help me achieve A really thick sounding distortion like a stoner doom metal band like sleep or electric wizard. I think matt pike of sleep used the same amp. It was in a music video of theirs...

Another problem I have is when I plug in my boss hyper fuzz fz-2 I get absolutely no sound from the cab or amp. Same thing happens with my wah pedal. And do all tube amps sound horrible quiet?

Thanks, I'll take any help I can get.
echo

echo

why 2 threads on the same thing.

we replied in the other thread.

reported...

go post your update there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
echo

echo

why 2 threads on the same thing.

we replied in the other thread.

reported...

Yes, yes but I wanted to start a fresh thread that has a more appropriate topic for my current situation. any help?
My JVM doessn't sound horrible quiet. It sounds great at all volumes as long as you have either the master volume or the channel volume cranked. Crank both and it sounds great, but you have to pick up the magazines it shook off the shelves.

BTW, when the standby is engaged, you shouldn't hear anything at all. Whenever you turn on a tube amp, you should leave stanby engaged while it's warming up; after 2 minutes, flip the standby and play. This will extend the life of your tubes a lot.
Quote by oWhoadYo
Yes, yes but I wanted to start a fresh thread that has a more appropriate topic for my current situation. any help?

just update your other thread.

post there, there is no reason to clog it up the board and you will be getting people replying to both threads.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by oWhoadYo

your other thead is still active. one thread per topic please.