I'm looking for songs by whatever type of Death Metal or Groove Metal or whatever else bands that have riffs that have the same feel and groove to them as the intro riff of the song 'Ashes of the Wake' by Lamb of God. I'm not trying to troll or anything. I just was wondering if anyone could help me find stuff that is this specific.. Thanks in advance!
Now first off, we have a recommendation thread placed conveniently at the top of the page, second LoG are one of the most despised bands on the metal forum so you best be asking someone else for your own sake.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by BlueFuzion101
I'm looking for songs by whatever type of Death Metal or Groove Metal or whatever else bands that have riffs that have the same feel and groove to them as the intro riff of the song 'Ashes of the Wake' by Lamb of God. I'm not trying to troll or anything. I just was wondering if anyone could help me find stuff that is this specific.. Thanks in advance!

Something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pKjF41Yx1k

Just wait until the part after the dissonant intro.
Quote by Crazed Shredder
LoG are one of the most despised bands on the metal forum

Why?
Like he said, rec page, but some good albums.

Chimaira - Chimaira

Demon Hunter - Storm The Gates Of Hell

Devildriver - most of their work

Avenged Sevenfold - First two albums.
Quote by xShade
Why?

They are a little too heavy for most on here. Most like stuff like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, etc. Too brutal for 'em, there are a few hardcore fans though.
Quote by Born Headless
They are a little too heavy for most on here. Most like stuff like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, etc. Too brutal for 'em, there are a few hardcore fans though.

Oh, I see. I've noticed that many people on here like the older metal way more than the newer stuff. Thanks for the help.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Like he said, rec page.

Yeah, sorry about that. I noticed that thread almost immediately after I posted this thread... -_-
Quote by xShade
Oh, I see. I've noticed that many people on here like the older metal way more than the newer stuff. Thanks for the help.

Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by xShade

np

BornHeadless666
Quote by BlueFuzion101
Yeah, sorry about that. I noticed that thread almost immediately after I posted this thread... -_-

Yeah it just looms there, like a dark, metallic, panther of blasphemous goat power!

Chimaira sound right up your alley though, just click on New Waves Of American Heavy Metal bands on wiki and you'll get a list of bands you'll probably like in the vein of that.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Yeah it just looms there, like a dark, metallic, panther of blasphemous goat power!

Chimaira sound right up your alley though, just click on New Waves Of American Heavy Metal bands on wiki and you'll get a list of bands you'll probably like in the vein of that.

Alrighty, thanks for the suggestion!
Quote by Morphogenesis26

Not being a dickhead isn't metal. Double negatives are.
Quote by MoogleRancha

See: Pantera, Machine Head, Trivium

Listen to all them too, though I really dislike Triviums singer.
Quote by MoogleRancha
The genre is known as gay.

See: Pantera, Machine Head, Trivium

Wouldn't Devildriver been a much better fit in that group than Trivium? He is correct, they are happy metal.
Quote by MoogleRancha
I figured as such

gay people

God, here we go again lol....

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
And this thread was going so well
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.