So I just got my new bass (Ibanez GSR200 in white. ). However it does have a buzzing sound whenever I play. I noticed it has a 9V battery in the back. I was told it may not be connected when they send it out, so I was wondering if it's something someone at home can attach, or if I should let the people at my local guitar shop do it instead. And if anyone else has this bass and knows any reason why it may be buzzing and not because of the battery, please post.
If the bass is making a sound, the battery is connected.

Check the ground wires and make sure you aren't standing close to electronic equipment.

Also if it has a single coil pickup, you will always get some hum.

Oh and if you're using a compressor, they hum too.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Oh, lol. :P This is my first bass with a battery so I had no idea.

The only things within a few meters (other than my bass and amp) are non-electronics so they don't play a factor. :P

And I'm nearly certain it's not single pickup.

And nope nothing other than my bass and the amp.
The GSR200 has a single Jazz pickup at the bridge and a Precision pickup at the neck.

Both are single coils that have some hum to them in general.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Not much other than decreasing gain or a noise suppressor/gate.

You can also get active pickups but that would be expensive to get the work done.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
A split coil is a humbucker, not a single coil. And if it's only buzzing when you play it's a problem with the bass, lead or amp. Possibly there's nothing you can do about it though.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
It may well be a grounding issue.

Take it to a guitar shop, and ask their opinions. The electronics might just need some shielding tape.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!