A list of all he books you've read, if you remember them, and the ones you want to read.
And, if you wish, write down the ones you advise others to read.

Ill start.

Harry Potter, whole series.
Lord of the Rings, whole series.
His Dark Materals trilogy (Philip Pullman)
The Scarecrow and his Servant (Phili Pullman)
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, all of them up to The Cappucino Years (Sue Townsend)
The Royal Family (Sue Townsend)
The Thief Lord (Cornelia Funke)
The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown)
Angels And Demons (Dan Brown).
Signs of the Cross..I forgot hs name, it's another Da Vinci Code type book.
Pet Sematary, Cell, Liseys Story, Insomnia, (Stephen King)
Eragon, only the first so far
Darren Shan, the frst three
Rigt Now I'm reading The Portrait of Dorian Gray, and the next I was planning on reading are Alice in Wonderland, and I also wanted to get into H.P Lovecraft.

To fantasy fans, I advise the His Dark Materials trilogy.

To horror fans, I admittedly found Pet Semetary quie eery.

Also Liseys Story is very good.

Go.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
I did have a list of mine somewhere... I plan to finish Crime And Punishment soon, got half way and thought, "I could be reading Spiderman right now".

I recommend Robert Harris, Enigma and Fatherland are crackers.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Krieger91

Harry Potter, whole series.]
Eragon, only the first so far

Go.

Yeah, don't worry. I'll be leaving full of disgust quite quickly.
Quote by MakinLattes
I've read hundreds, if not thousands, of books. It would take too long.

There is also this thread.

I came here to say this and now I have nothing to say
cat
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Yeah, don't worry. I'll be leaving full of disgust quite quickly.

?
Because you don't like Harry Potter, or Eragon? Or you like Eragon and I've only read the first?

If it's that, I live in Italy and sometimes find it hard to get my hands on English books, and I don't want to read in Italian..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
In no particular order:

Fahrenheit 451
20,000 leagues under the sea
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Les Misérables
Harry Potter (entire series)
Hunger Games series
Maestro
Entire Star Wars: X-Wing series
Star wars: Corellian Trilogy
The 3 books written about the first Halo game
Catcher in the Rye
Brave New World
The Road
Wastelands (A collection of post-apocalyptic short stories)
(in progress) Fyodor Dostoevsky's The Idiot
Hamlet
A Midsummer Night's Dream
(Also in progress) Faust
Blue Bloods series
Of Mice and Men
The Golden Compass
All of the books about Narnia
Peter Pan
A Brief History of Time
The Nameless City
Eragon series
Several small books of little consequence
Jedi Academy series
Various other Star Wars books
(started, but never finished) Insomnia, Stephen King
The Da Vinci Code

And other books I can't remember at this point.
Yaaaaaay.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
If you want fantastic books of Fantasy Literature go for:
-The First Law by Joe Abercrombie This man takes fantasy cliches and tears them apart, putting fantasy into a new realistic setting. You never ever know what to expect, this is among the most interesting fantasy novel trilogies to be released in the past 10 years.
-A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin I'll just say A Game of Thrones. This like the work of Abercrombie takes fantasy and the timeline it's set in and puts it into a dark and gritty world of realism. No matter who your favorite character is, he could die! So you will never ever know what to expect. (Secondary note: I recommend the TV show A Game of Thrones which is based on these novels!)

H.P. Lovecraft has very interesting stories I recommend his short store books like Call of Cutuluh and Other Stories and others like those.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by Gulli05
H.P. Lovecraft has very interesting stories I recommend his short store books like Call of Cutuluh and Other Stories and others like those.

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a nigger.
There's one thing that i've consistently read and reread over the years, and always recommend and make time to read. The Search Bar is a gripping tale of morality.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Just popular science books, really. I haven't read very many yet, though. I'm pretty lazy with reading. I used to read fiction but I don't even remember the last time I bothered with a novel. I don't find them interesting anymore.
Quote by Avedas
Just popular science books, really. I haven't read very many yet, though. I'm pretty lazy with reading. I used to read fiction but I don't even remember the last time I bothered with a novel. I don't find them interesting anymore.

I like good fantasy..I kind of like that feeling of reading, and knowing you can't take anything for granted, because in fantasy a lot can happen, I don't really know how to explain it.

If you've read to many, feel free to write the ones you remember the most
I've read:
The Da Vinci Code
Angels and Demons
Digital Fortress
Deception Point
(all four of the above are by Dan Brown)
The Harry Potter series
Chinese Cinderella
2 books that I can't remember which I was forced to read for English in high school.

...I'm afraid to say those are the real books that I've read. I've read a few other joke books, but come on, those aren't books you'd say you've read with pride.

I don't like Dan Brown's stuff, but Digital Fortress and Deception Point are amazing. Those are a must for anyone who enjoys reading in general, I think.

Harry Potter is great for the plot, but being a children's book, there aren't many situations where you'd find yourself shitting bricks because of the awesome use of the English language. Still improved my English a fair bit, though.

I'd like to read:
His Dark Materials (I have the whole trilogy in the form of one book. I really don't know why I bought it.)
Eragon (I also have a huge book comprising of the first two in the series.)
Lord of the Rings
The Great Gatsby (I don't know much about the book, but the images that were conjured from a particular description of the book are interesting.)
Pretty much everything by Lovecraft
a bunch of Poe
same with Carroll
Candide
The Iliad
The Odyssey
The Vampire Chronicles
Lord of the Rings
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
The Prestige
S.D. Perry's Resident Evil series
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Moby Dick
a bunch of Steampunk short fiction
Pet Semetary
Dracula
Frankenstein
A lot of horror short fiction
Dune
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Zombie Survival Guide/World War Z

A lot more I can't remember right now.
Man... if I wrote down the titles of all the books I've read in the past 45 years, it'd probably make a decent sized book in itself.
I've read hundreds of good books but I see the Pit is inclined towards Fantasy and Sci-Fi. I would recommend The Malazan Chronicles and all of Kafka's works.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Grimriffer
I've read hundreds of good books but I see the Pit is inclined towards Fantasy and Sci-Fi. I would recommend The Malazan Chronicles and all of Kafka's works.

I'd like to add 'anything by Terry Pratchett' to that, especially the Discworld books.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I'd like to add 'anything by Terry Pratchett' to that, especially the Discworld books.

Actually yes, I've read "Wee Free Men" and "Carpet People".
I'd like to get my hands on some others.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I will also add the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. Especially given The Pit's propensity to punny humor.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I will also add the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. Especially given The Pit's propensity to punny humor.

I haven't read that series yet, but I've read his Incarnations of Immortality series and Mode series and they were fantastic.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I read like, 28 of them between the ages of around 11 and 14. So, granted, I barely remember any plot at all, but I do remember enjoying them

Pretty much the same, only I read mine about a decade ago when I was in my 30s, I remember the plot for the Incarnations of Immortality series but not for the life in me can I remember anything at all about the Mode series ... but I can certainly remember not being able to put them down.
The only reason I'm answering, is that I have an actually list of the books I've read the last year..

American Psycho
Catch me if you can
Into the wild
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Det forsømte forår (The neglected spring?)
The death of Bunny Monroe
On the road
The rum diary
Dharma bums
Junky
A collection of short stories by Franz Kafka
Naked lunch
And the ass saw the angel
The trial
The great Gatsby
Right now I'm reading Fear and loathing.. for the second time and a book about liberalism.

Recommendations: Catch me if you can, Into the wild, On the road, Dharma bums, Fear and loathing.., Junky, And the ass saw the angel.
read:

The Cat in the Hat

want to read:

i'm good with just that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I have not idea how many books I've read. I have a 16 page list of about 20 books per page that I plan on buying. Every time I go to the bookstore I make a point of adding 3 more books to the list so that is how it got so big.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Last books I read off the top of my head were Hitchhiker, Metamorphosis, 2001 and Far-Seer. Right now I'm reading Jurassic Park and the rest of the Quintaglio Ascension trilogy.
B|-----------------MEEDLY
G|-----------------------------MOODLY
D|----------------------------------------------------------------------WEE
A|DUN-DUN-----------------------------------------DEEWOP
E|DUN-DUN-------------------------------DOON
Quote by Vorpal_Chainsaw
Pretty much everything by Lovecraft
a bunch of Poe
same with Carroll
Candide
The Iliad
The Odyssey
The Vampire Chronicles
Lord of the Rings
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
The Prestige
S.D. Perry's Resident Evil series
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Moby Dick
a bunch of Steampunk short fiction
Pet Semetary
Dracula
Frankenstein
A lot of horror short fiction
Dune
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Zombie Survival Guide/World War Z

A lot more I can't remember right now.

...marry me?
Obligatory: LotR FTW
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Quote by Craigo
They recommend Magician though. I couldn't finish that book, it was pretty bad.

Yeah, but they ranked that like 24th or 25th
Quote by Vornik