Hello,
i'd like to buy a new guitar, and i am quite stuck. i play mostly hard rock, some metal and some blues and other clean things.
i can't put much weight on my shoulder, so the guitar can't weight more than a average Stratocaster.
the guitars i've been looking at is an PRS SE Tremonti and an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra 3.
i like the single cutaway type guitar. new options are always welcome.

thanks
If you can't handle much weight, why not look at getting a semi - something like an Epiphone 335?

They're hollow bodied, so shouldn't be too much weight for you and they also have the same type of pickups as a Les Paul would so you should still be able to get the sound you're after.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Deathro
I say an Epiphone Les Paul are VERY heavy compared to a stratocaster. A long time friend of mine has one and its 3xs as heavy as my telecaster. Also, what is your price range?

Hi, my price range is about € 700, the reason why i chose a Epi Les Paul is because it was chambered. so i think that one does not have the heavy weight.
Quote by Itremor
Hi, my price range is about € 700, the reason why i chose a Epi Les Paul is because it was chambered. so i think that one does not have the heavy weight.

That depends on which of the Epi LPs you get - I can't remember which is which off the top of my head, but I believe some are chambered, some aren't.

A good piece of advice which usually gets mentioned in this type of column is to go to a couple of guitar shops and try as many as possible to see which you get on with the best.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If you can't handle much weight, why not look at getting a semi - something like an Epiphone 335?

They're hollow bodied, so shouldn't be too much weight for you and they also have the same type of pickups as a Les Paul would so you should still be able to get the sound you're after.

It maybe sound weird, but i don't like hollowbodies. just the look. i am playing an Epi SG right now. it's ok, but i want a more balanced guitar with a singlecut
Epiphone Les Pauls are not heavy at all. But PRS singlecuts are comparable to strats in terms of weight and probably better sounding for the cash.
Last edited by pinheadslts75 at Aug 25, 2011,
Quote by Itremor
It maybe sound weird, but i don't like hollowbodies. just the look. i am playing an Epi SG right now. it's ok, but i want a more balanced guitar with a singlecut

Nothing weird about that - there are lots of guitars I don't like the look of, it's just an opinion at the end of the day. If anything, I'm even weirder because I don't really like the look of Strats.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
PRS SE have a really nice construction, try an Stratocaster too, if it's a good enough metal axe for Iron Maiden and Yngwie Malmsteen, then you'll be fine with it, plus the modern C shape of the neck makes it so docile... I have one and let me tell you, I LOVE THAT GUITAR! Try H-S-S Highway one or a PRS SE (The Torero has the best construction on SE series but all of them are really good for the price)...

If you do like the Tremonti, go for it! I'm pretty sure you will be very happy for a long long time .
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Aug 25, 2011,
2nd hand ESP Eclipse?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Hey.The tremonti's pretty damn light. Should try it out man.
Good choice. Cheers...
Quote by Tom 1.0
2nd hand ESP Eclipse?

Hey,
i've already tried the ESP LTD eclipse, but it didn't feel right in my opinion.