I was wondering if any had done this build before. I was thinking of doing it by buying a tennis racquet, chopping of the handle and sticking and or bolting on a half size guitar neck (which i don't know where to acquire). I would somehow stick on a fender style pickup and a floyd rose and manage to keep all the tennis racquet strings on it to keep it looking real. Does anyone know how much this build would cost in total and if it would work well or at all?

heres how i'd want it to turn out: (made from google images and paint)
Lol just remembered how floyd roses work and that huge block under them and springs so that would be nearly impossible to install on this so i might just install les paul style saddle and tailpeice or maybe a stetsbar.
you could use some sort of clear acrylic to make a plate to mount the pickup and bridge on?
Personally I would avoid a FR bridge for that kind of thing - a hardtail would be more stable and easier to incorporate.

I don't know what such a build would cost - I'm pretty sure it'd be PRICELESS!

EDIT:
what about a Hipshot bridge?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Last edited by TheBloodstained at Aug 25, 2011,
Either that neck was made for a child's guitar or you're making a banjo.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
Quote by YngwieLi
Either that neck was made for a child's guitar or you're making a banjo.

half size neck. I cropped it from a half sized telecaster and most likely scaled it wrong

If you attached a routed piece of wood to the back, it might work. Might work.
Likely it'll also sound like crap. And have no sustain whatsoever.
RIP Adam
Quote by cheezstik
half size neck. I cropped it from a half sized telecaster and most likely scaled it wrong

you could buy an Ibanez GIO Micro and use parts from that?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Randall RH150G3
Quote by TheBloodstained
you could use some sort of clear acrylic to make a plate to mount the pickup and bridge on?
Personally I would avoid a FR bridge for that kind of thing - a hardtail would be more stable and easier to incorporate.

I don't know what such a build would cost - I'm pretty sure it'd be PRICELESS!

EDIT:
what about a Hipshot bridge?

I want an easy-to-acquire bridge so ill probably use a les paul saddle and tailpeice or a telecaster bridge. Would those work?
Quote by cheezstik
I want an easy-to-acquire bridge so ill probably use a les paul saddle and tailpeice or a telecaster bridge. Would those work?

Not with a half-size neck.
RIP Adam
Quote by TheBloodstained
you could buy an Ibanez GIO Micro and use parts from that?

Wow that would work completely. Is that neck smaller than standard? If i used parts from that guitar it would look like this: I even put in a volume knob where it would be on an acoustic electric
Last edited by cheezstik at Aug 25, 2011,
I would use a trapezium-style tailpiece, so the string tension is taken up by the frame. A tune-o-matic (Les Paul) style bridge would work pretty well, as it would only need to support the downward force of the strings. Post pictures if you get it made
and how the hell would you mount the bridge on the strings of a tennis racket?
Replace the strings with thin pieces of steel, and you might MIGHT be in business.
The way I would do this would be to partly cast the body from clear liquid acrylic resin, using the tennis racket as a spine/skeleton for the construction!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWUre5qPhKI
This way you could have a clear, see-through solid body. The racket strings would be molded in and visible through the body.

The body should be cast so thick that there would be enough material to form a neck pocket.

Can you follow this idea?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Randall RH150G3
Quote by Punk_Ninja
It wouldn't work. No questions asked, it just wouldn't work.

I feel like the old adage "you can do anything you set your mind to" comes into play. WAY stranger things have been done, its definitely possible.

And I like the gio parts idea. +1
*insert witty statement here*
Last edited by metalhead352 at Aug 25, 2011,
Don't even try this.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Wooden racquet. Mini-strat neck. plexiglass over the rim and all, trim to fit. Remove the block from the floyd and bolt it to the plexiglass. Hack the handle off the raquet. Meaure the nut to the 12th fret. Take that meaurement and from the 12th fret to the center of the saddle adjustment on the bridge is where the whole thing goes. (the 12th fret is the exact center). Grind a flat spot on the handle stub and bolt the nec k on.Put an EMG on it. Call me when it's done-I'm gigging at a fish camp next week and I need this for the flying beer cans.
"Life's too short for bad tone"-Rev. Billy Gibbons