Poll: Can you remember your dreams?
Poll Options
View poll results: Can you remember your dreams?
Yes, I can remember most, if not, all of my dreams in vivid detail
21 21%
I can occasionally remember my dreams in some detail, but not vividly
54 55%
I rarely remember my dreams after I've woken up
24 24%
Voters: 99.
I've recently realized that I remember most of my dreams in vivid detail long after I've woken up. I can recall, in detail, 2 dreams I have had every night for the past couple of weeks, and I have been able to do this for years. I've only recently realized that this might be a rare thing after talking to my family, who all said they usually can't remember their dreams in much, if any, detail.

So, I thought I'd ask the Pit about dream recollection! Do you remember your dreams? Can you recall them in vivid detail?

Poll on the way
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
The only dream I have remembered in the past 2 months is that I shaved one of my hands, decided it looked weird with one shaved and one not, then shaved the other hand.

wat.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
For about 5 minutes after I wake up, I can remember everything. By the next hour, I can't remember anything. This is despite me trying to lucid dream for the past 2 years, and the first step to that is dream recall...
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
Rarely.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
ITT: People now discuss their dreams.

I had one the other night where I caught my brother smoking. I seriously like pulled out some charts and shit on the spot and gave him an educational lecture about the dangers of smoking. He took the cigarette out, but didn't stomp it into the ground... he threw it into the woods, and someone must have covered the ground with gasoline because the woods pretty much just exploded.
You remember only most of the dreams that you remember, people dream every day, it's just that their dreams aren't influential enough for them to remember.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
ITT: People now discuss their dreams.

I had one the other night where I caught my brother smoking. I seriously like pulled out some charts and shit on the spot and gave him an educational lecture about the dangers of smoking. He took the cigarette out, but didn't stomp it into the ground... he threw it into the woods, and someone must have covered the ground with gasoline because the woods pretty much just exploded.

I'm pretty sure my dream was more exciting than yours.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
i voted the second one because it's the most fitting. i only remember the traumatising nightmares, the ones that actually are about things i'm consciously afraid of, like the syria riots or... y'know, the blinky robot thing, or all those fucking horror film cliches. i end up thinking about them for the first 30 minutes of my morning, which are the ones that stick.

i do have a vague idea of a nightmare i had when i was six when me and my two brothers were in hell, though. thought about it for too long, and so is chapter one of 'the road to kenan's atheism'.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
You only remember your dreams if you wake up during REM sleep (ie. the phase of sleep when you are actively dreaming).

I usually forget my dreams pretty quickly unless they're particularly abnormal or if I'm sexing someone.
i heard that you only remember your dreams if you didn't finish them, like if you were woken up beforehand, or something else triggers it to be cut short.

edit; ninja'd
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
I always remember my dreams, and I dream every day. It's great sometimes if I have entertaining dreams but most of the time it's just useless crap that I think about all morning.
cat
No I don't
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

Please excuse my proper spelling and grammar, English is one of my first languages.
Rarely.

I still remember 2 dreams I had 2 nights ago. One terrifying dream involving unavoidable anal rape that kept repeating over and over (think the movie Groundhog's Day with Bill Murray, but all about anal rape) that woke me up. After going back to sleep I had another, much better dream involving how awkward I am around girls.

I remember a few dreams from a few months ago and some from years ago, but that's about it.
I remember most of 'em in vivid detail but only if i make consious efforts soon as i wake up to recall 'em otherwise it's an empty sea. Nightmares on the other hand i almost never forget.
I remember hilarious ones, like the one I had last night which involved Charlie Sheen signing for Chelsea.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Nope, I never remember my dreams.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I remember my dreams in super intense fractals, so in other words not all the time but when I do it's crazy vivid (and fun to reflect upon in wake-state)
The last dream I remember was a few weeks ago where I was hunting dinosaurs in the capitol building, and I thought i was hearing sirens which turned to be the loud Iphone alarm.

...It was pretty weird...
DAS BOOT!!!
There are so many threads within the past week about this smh
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
I still remember this one dream from when I was like 5 years old. It weird and scary. I was standing in this spot, and I don't even know where I was, it was all windy and then I saw my dad on this big machine, I think it was a tractor or something, and then he started yelling at me really loud. (louder than you can in real life) And it was all windy, and then he was like "Don't you do it! DON'T DO IT!!"

And then I woke up and threw up. I still remember it to this day.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.