Dear Forum,

Recently I've bought a new amp, a Blackheart Little Giant halfstack.
I've fallen in love with its clean sound, but whenever I try to use distortion (I use a Boss ME-70 multi effects pedal) the feedback of the guitar alone is so loud it actually hurts my ears.

Does this have something to do with the fact that the Little Giant is a tube amp?

I apologize if this is a noobish question - I've never dealt with these problems before.

I hope someone can tell me what's wrong ..

xx
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Are you sure it's feedback, or that your gain has been set too high?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Well, maybe you are not using the pedal right. try to turn up the level and turn down the gain and if the guitar is active it might give some of that feedback. and then turn down the gain on the amp
am i right that it only feedback when u are not playin?
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Even when I turn down everything on the pedal (drive, tone, level) it still produces the awfull noice ..

The amp has no gain, and the guitar I play with is a Strat knockoff.

Even when I play, the volume alone is incredible, a multitude of times higher than using other effects, or no effects at all.
Last edited by Samhuinn at Aug 25, 2011,
Quote by Samhuinn
Even when I turn down everything on the pedal (drive, tone, level) it still produces the awfull noice ..

The amp has no gain, and the guitar I play with is a Strat knockoff.

Even when I play, the volume alone is incredible, a multitude of times higher than using other effects, or no effects at all.
You're doing it wrong. Turn down the gain on whatever distortion model you have selected. Obviously if the volume is too high you turn down the volume. Try to use some sense. Even a 5 yr old knows what the volume control is for.
Is this feedback a constant squeal always at the same frequency or is it from the strings vibrating so it is a different frequency depending on what strings are unmuted?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I was under the impression that the fact I'm able to form a proper sentence would be enough to validate the fact that I know how to use a volumeknob, thank you very much ..

I've called the manufacturer, and when I explained what was wrong with it, they told me it indeed was a grounding problem. My product will be replaced

For those who actually had a contribution - thank you very much!
Quote by Samhuinn
I was under the impression that the fact I'm able to form a proper sentence would be enough to validate the fact that I know how to use a volumeknob, thank you very much

Don't take it too personally, there already are too many n00bs who come on and start going off on something for us to later discover that the answer was bloody obvious to begin with.

This is like the equivalent of checking if you've plugged your computer in.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Please answer my question. At this point we have no idea exactly what your squealing is.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification