Been a fan of this band for a while now, their self-titled was permanently in my car stereo for most of last summer. Just picked up Tunnel Blanket yesterday - soooooooo goooooooood. Anyone else like?
I'm going to listen to them later tonight (I've had their album on my "listen to " list for some time).
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I love Tunnel Blanket. I haven't checked out their older albums properly yet, but from what I've heard they seem like fairly standard post rock stuff.

Which one do you reckon's the best?

EDIT: Just realised they only have one other album as Young Mountain is an EP, guess I'll go with that one then.
Last edited by BenRaah at Aug 25, 2011,
1. Post Rock thread. They're all very friendly in there and won't bite.
2. I've seen them live, and they put on a great show. They played a lot of Tunnel Blanket which was very interesting to hear live.
Quote by BenRaah
I love Tunnel Blanket. I haven't checked out their older albums properly yet, but from what I've heard they seem like fairly standard post rock stuff.

Which one do you reckon's the best?

EDIT: Just realised they only have one other album as Young Mountain is an EP, guess I'll go with that one then.

Yeah, they've only got two albums - the self-titled one and the Young Mountain EP, both of which are awesome, though as you said, fairly standard post-rock stuff.

Quote by jetfuel495
I liked their first album, but that one EP they came out with recently (with the green cover) was too weird.

What? The only album they've put out with a green cover was their self-titled, which was a full length.
one of the most intense live bands ive ever seen. and i dont think you really appreciate how much loud instrumental music makes you contemplate every last part of your life in such great detail until you actually find yourself in a dingy basement bar with a band like this will destroy you.

not listened to them much since then, but the ep and the s/t were both pretty strong overall i thought.
Quote by blaaargh
Yeah, they've only got two albums - the self-titled one and the Young Mountain EP, both of which are awesome, though as you said, fairly standard post-rock stuff.

What? The only album they've put out with a green cover was their self-titled, which was a full length.

My bad, it wasn't green. Had a bit of green in it, i think. Moving On the Edges of Things was what it was called.
I listened to Young Mountain the other day. It was really nice but I sort of felt like I'd heard it all before. Enjoyable though.
I liked the s/t and really liked Young Mountain. I haven't heard the new release of there's but apparently it's quite ambient/droney sounding, which is an interesting way for them to go.
Young Mountain is my personal favourite. I've only heard the new album a few times though so for all I know I might like it more with a few more listens.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Tunnel Blanket is good, but I don't like it as much as their other stuff. It's too noisy for me, believe it or not.
Quote by KTFM
Young Mountain was amazing, took a while to get into S/T, though. Just got Tunnel Blanket, so I'll give it a couple of spins. I'd be amazed if it topped songs like 'The World is Our ____' or 'There Are Some Remedies Worse Than the Disease'...

It's droney.

I saw them live a few months back and they did a lot of Tunnel Blanket. It was just a giant wall of noise(which is awesome, don't get me wrong) for an hour.
Quote by toyboxmonster
What tracks do you like? It all seems very bland to me. Plus, the drums are... ugh.

Look at the last sentence in the post you quoted.