Hey guys, I plan on buying an EQ pedal fairly soon. I want one that isn't crazy expensive, but still a good one to use.

Currently I have a choice of three ranging from $46.25 CAD to $130.00 CAD

My choices are as follows:
Danelectro Fish and Chips 7 Band EQ - http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/9165/Guitars/Guitar_Effects/Danelectro/DJ-14_-_Fish_Chips_7_Band_EQ.htm - I am considering this one because I've only ever used a 7 band EQ while mixing songs in my audio class, so it's familiar to me in some ways. Price: 46.25

BOSS 7 Band Graphic EQ - http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/10905/Guitars/Guitar_Effects/Boss/7-Band_Graphic_EQ.htm - Again, considering because it's a 7 band EQ (Although I have never had a liking for Boss pedals of any sort)
Price: Unknown, I'd have to call the store I want to buy from.

MXR M108 Ten band Graphic EQ - http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/10500/Guitars/Guitar_Effects/Dunlop/M108_-_Ten_Band_Graphic_EQ.htm - This is the most expensive of the three EQs. I've heard good things about this, and it has a few more features than the other two do.
Price: $130.00

So guys, if anyone could help me with my decision I would be very grateful. Right now I'm leaning more towards the Danelectro, I have two Danelectro Metal Pedals (One being Fab Metal, the other Cool Cat Metal I), they both work fantastically, and I have no complaints, I've never had a bad experience with a Danelectro product before. Any input is appreciated.
sorry, but this isn't an answer to your question but you might find it useful regardless. i'm also canadian, and i have found that no L&MQ will ever discount anything or throw anything in for free. here's what you do. take a picture of their price tag, and take it to a local shop that has the product. i can guarantee you they will either beat that price or they'll match it and throw in something for free as well (usually power adapter).

happy shopping!!

(sorry i couldn't be of any help. i dont have experience with any of the pedals mentioned)
The Boss is good but noisy. Its much nicer after you do a stealth mod to it.
i vote mxr, its more expensive but it'll be better in the end. you'll probably never need another one after this.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
i've heard nothing but amazing reviews about the danelectro fish n chips

that much that i wish i could get one but nowhere here in the UK stocks them which is a posstake.

i've also heard great reviews about the MXR10 band EQ pedal but if it's not what you NEED then save the dollars and buy something else.

the question is, do you NEED a 10-band EQ over a 7-band EQ if yes then get the MXR if no then the danelectro is the one you should get.

i've discounted the boss because i think boss pedals are massively overpriced for their quality.

you could also look at the Electro Harmonix Graphic Fuzz which is a 6-band EQ in itself with a seperate volume, dynamic, sustain and fuzz levels. so you can use it just solely as an EQ pedal but also add some other features to your sound.
they go for about £95 here in the UK and dont know about over there in the US
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by User_Name336
sorry, but this isn't an answer to your question but you might find it useful regardless. i'm also canadian, and i have found that no L&MQ will ever discount anything or throw anything in for free. here's what you do. take a picture of their price tag, and take it to a local shop that has the product. i can guarantee you they will either beat that price or they'll match it and throw in something for free as well (usually power adapter).

happy shopping!!

(sorry i couldn't be of any help. i dont have experience with any of the pedals mentioned)

My local shop does that frequently (Price match with L&MQ and such). I do plan on doing that anyway, but I'd have to get him to order in the pedal regardless (he stocks mostly Boss, and doesn't have any EQ pedals in his shop to my knowledge)

I don't necessarily need the 10 Band, simply because I'm not gigging or anything, and I'll basically be using this solely for recording and just jamming in my room. I'm familiar with the Pro Tools 7-Band which is why I was leaning towards the Danelectro 7 Band. Also, that Electro Harmonix does seem like a sweet deal, but it'd be more expensive than the MXR, slightly mind you ($4 difference), but I have to order it in and pay shipping and what not. I dislike the quality of Boss pedals, I only added it to my list as a sort of last resort. So I'm thinking I should go for the 7 Band Danelectro, just because of my past experience.

If anyone can suggest a better EQ that I didn't list for less than $120 CAD I'll consider it, I just want to find one that's going to do the job, and going to last.
seems like you've made your mind up pretty much.

looks like the danelectro should be the one you get.

you'll save so much dollars too!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by samhell
The Boss is good but noisy. Its much nicer after you do a stealth mod to it.

i have the MIJ eq and I am really happy with the pedal. check ebay for deals
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
The MXR10 is better than the 7. It has an overall level control so you can adjust the level of boost/cut without disturbing the curve.
Get the MXR 10 band.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I have the fish and chips and it works great - not noisy, metal cased though I'm still worried about the footswitch breaking one day. It's certainly better than the Boss, I guess you just need to ask if you want the extra 3 bands...
I make band posters!

Epiphone Special II, Squier Classic Vibe Tele-->
Toyroom Effects Louder-->
Boss SD-1, DD-3, RV-5-->
Line 6 DL4-->
Vox AC15c1