This seems like the right place to post this thread.

Has anyone had any experience with "Quick release" guitar straps such as these?: http://www.levysleathers.com/product;cat,0;item,313;Soft-Hand-Polypropylene-M15

I've been considering getting one, and my local shop can order me one (Not by Levy's) for a very reasonable price. I've seen people use them on stage, but I've never been able to try one. Are they a good investment?
Get some Schaller strap locks. Have a quick release system, and will hold the strap to the guitar stronger.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Get some Schaller strap locks. Have a quick release system, and will hold the strap to the guitar stronger.

This. I have strap locks fitted to all my guitars.

Why do you need a quick release system anyway? If you're hoping it will make it easier to switch guitars and use the same strap, it won't. Unless the two guitars are exactly the same, you'll need different straps set to different lengths for each guitar.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I have a set of strap locks and I'm going to get another. Also, I was just wondering because I can get the quick release one for a very good price, less than $15 CAD (The shop owner is willing to give me a deal). I figured if I could get it, why not.
Quote by GaryBillington

Why do you need a quick release system anyway? If you're hoping it will make it easier to switch guitars and use the same strap, it won't. Unless the two guitars are exactly the same, you'll need different straps set to different lengths for each guitar.

comes in handy if you use a wireless system. you just have one strap with the unit on it and swap the strap around to the different guitars. it takes like what, 2 seconds to do a quick length adjustment if its even needed at all.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Charvel1995
I have a set of strap locks and I'm going to get another. Also, I was just wondering because I can get the quick release one for a very good price, less than $15 CAD (The shop owner is willing to give me a deal). I figured if I could get it, why not.

Because there's no substitute for a good set od strap locks. Plus if you have a molded hard case, those little pieces of strap that will always hang off the strap pins can make it a little hard to fit properly in the case.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Goodtimes666
comes in handy if you use a wireless system. you just have one strap with the unit on it and swap the strap around to the different guitars. it takes like what, 2 seconds to do a quick length adjustment if its even needed at all.

Fair point, I've never used a wireless system so wouldn't have even considered that!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud