I'm plan my build right now, it's a mahogany body(costum shape) with a maple|mahogany|maple neck, it is a neck-tru. it has 7 strings and it will have a Floyd rose.
I design it with a voilin/cello characteristics so I thought it will be awsome to build it with a voilin paghead (not just the scroll, I mean the whole thing with a voilin and/or cello tuners)
1. have you seen something like this? where?
2. where will I put 7 tuners on one paghead? design ideas?
^
found something good
3. which tuners would be the best for my idea?

with thanks, Almog
with thanks.. MR. Dubin
Last edited by alphandor at Aug 25, 2011,
slightly off topic, but along the same lines, i really wanted to use (and i bought some) violin fine tuners for a bridge, but im worried about their strength. the tension isnt a HUGE amount different from a guitar, but idk. would be realllly cool!

but the scroll thing is neat too, the one in the 1st post would take a lotttt of skilll though to carve!
PTModIT that's a nice lefty! great work!
xadioriderx ,that one I posted is off my league, I'm going with something easy like this
with thanks.. MR. Dubin
Jeez, i could maybe carve my name into it with a knife or something....
anyone on here ever done any carving? ive seen sharpie and stuff but no carving so far! i mean on google images i can find them, but..
I'm learning wood carving with chisels... my next guitar will be carved...
BTW there is a guy in deviantart how carve guitar extrimly well, very Inspirational
with thanks.. MR. Dubin
Keep in mind violin pegs are not very precise.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
but If I will have a floyd rose with locking system... will it matter?
with thanks.. MR. Dubin
Last edited by alphandor at Aug 25, 2011,
When I got to the headstock I wanted to do it simple.I did want to carve at that point of the build.So I cheated a bit using the rosettes you find a home depot and glued them to the sides.After this pic was taken I added a gold scroll rod sticking out from the center of the rosettes.I have a pic below.I did shorten them.They don't stick out that far.That was just a test..
I'm carving the real thing! from mahogany
does anyone have a sketch of a cello's paghead? with length and sizes?
it would be very useful
with thanks.. MR. Dubin