So I'm looking to do my first build....
My Ibanez EDB 600 isn't really thrilling me anymore, so I'm looking for something new. Basically what I want to do is put a musicman style pickup in a P-Bass style body, and I'd really prefer to not have to do any routing. Anyone know a good place to get a P Bass body (or a cheap complete) with a swiminghole rout for the pup? Preferably alder, but as long as its not going to dent too much, I'm good with any decent wood.
(I should also mention that I just started college, so cost is definately a factor)
Dunno if you just want a MM style humbucker in the P possition, or in the MM possition...

You could save some time and effort and look at the new Fender Blacktop P basses. They're fairly cheap, new.

If you want the single Humbucker... there are som options-ish...

G&L L1000 (discontinued and hard to find... probably will be in the $800 range)

Peavey T-45 (discontinued, hard to find... probably in the $400 range)

Aria made some basses with Humbecker pups in the P possition in the 80's... they should be cheap-ish if you can find one ($150-$300 range).
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Last edited by Din of Win at Aug 25, 2011,
Warmoth won't do the swimming hole (unless you call and special order I imagine) but they'll do a p-bass body with a MM route wherever you want it. I got a dinky P body with a P in the neck and MM in the bridge.
I'm trying to keep the project under like $550 if I can. So I was thinking of getting an sx or squire body, put a fender neck on it, and replace all the hardware and electronics.
Warmoth won't do the swimming hole (unless you call and special order I imagine) but they'll do a p-bass body with a MM route wherever you want it. I got a dinky P body with a P in the neck and MM in the bridge.

If I went that route, would it put the MM in the sweet spot?