I know Fender doesn't make these, but I think they would look really cool. Does anyone have any pictures or stories about a teecaster bass and how hard would it be to build one?
I'm also bummed that Fender never really used the Tele aesthetic on their Telecaster basses... Here are a few that DO!

G&L ASAT BAss:

G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow:

Alden Telecaster Bass:

Bach Telecaster Bass (short scale):

Spector RX-T Rex Brown Sig:

As for making one yourself... get a Warmoth Telecaster body and go nuts!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
thanks, those look awsome and im prolly fr sure gonna build one cuz its so different. I wanna try and getta holda a cheap fender neck hopefully even one wth a maple fret board. that be awsome.
Not personally my style, but I don't think it would be that hard to build. In fact last year my father built a Telecaster guitar in just a month or so from the body up.
I've played the G&L ASAT. Nice bass.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I love the sound of the ASATs, but they have a terrible balance, due to the tiny upper horn.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by FatalGear41
I've played the G&L ASAT. Nice bass.

+1 an absolutely killer bass.

Quote by Spaz91
They need to make a bass with the pickup configuration too. Slanted single at the bridge and a single touching the neck pocket.

Landing does one, granted its a short scale (I want to say 30.5"?).

Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Aug 25, 2011,
Quote by Spaz91
They need to make a bass with the pickup configuration too. Slanted single at the bridge and a single touching the neck pocket.

Godin makes such a configuration. I've been thinking about getting one:

And there's always the Music Man Big Al; though the neck pickup isn't as close to the neck:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
The Mike Dirnt signature Squier has a tele headstock and the body shape is similar to a tele but the upper horn is shaped different
Quote by TheBrownPenguin
The Mike Dirnt signature Squier has a tele headstock and the body shape is similar to a tele but the upper horn is shaped different

I have the mike dirnt one, also the Sting bass has one but with a different pickup.