Just a bit curious who's an engineering major or who is currently an engineer. If so, what field, and what type of job would you be doing? Hopefully when I transfer I'll be doing aerospace engineering at University of Texas next year, which is apparently the most difficult one there is, but if all goes well I'd like to work for Boeing or some other private company (not NASA). Either that, or civil engineering.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil Oil oil
I'm an electrical engineering major. People say not to go civil, because so many people do it, since it's the easiest engineering degree to get.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I'm having a total flashback. There totally was an engineering thread yesterday..

That sounds awesome!!
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
There's a gigantic Engineering thread...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
since it's the easiest engineering degree to get.

Seismic engineering is everything but easy.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
i dont think there are any engineers or engineer students on here, not one.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
i dont think there are any engineers or engineer students on here, not one.

What about ethan_hanus?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I love how every time you say a type of engineering is easier than others, the people doing the easy stuff come out and say "Nuh uh! We do hard stuff too!"

Deal with it, Civies, you're the bassists of the engineering band. Also, engineer thread, reported, what have you.
Quote by damian_91
What about ethan_hanus?

oh you got me,

yes TS, there is one on here

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by EvilAngel93
Just a bit curious who's an engineering major or who is currently an engineer. If so, what field, and what type of job would you be doing? Hopefully when I transfer I'll be doing aerospace engineering at University of Texas next year, which is apparently the most difficult one there is, but if all goes well I'd like to work for Boeing or some other private company (not NASA). Either that, or civil engineering.

I am absolutely not an aerospace engineer and could not in any way shape or form have any sort of information on the subject. Consequently, I am totally unable to confirm your theory that aerospace is indeed the most difficult of the disciplines by totally not grabbing your shirt-labels and snarling "You're damn right it's the most difficult one, shit-kicker" into your face.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Deal with it, Civies, you're the bassists of the engineering band.

So true.
Last edited by LordBishek at Aug 25, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
I love how every time you say a type of engineering is easier than others, the people doing the easy stuff come out and say "Nuh uh! We do hard stuff too!"

Deal with it, Civies, you're the bassists of the engineering band. Also, engineer thread, reported, what have you.

Nice. Really any way you put it, engineering in general is tough to undertake. And I totally missed the bigger thread, go ahead and close this one.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
I'm not but I'm going to one of the best engineering schools in the country and I'm considering a minor in Computer Engineering (I'm a Computer Science major)
I'm starting my apprenticeship in electrical engineering in september with rolls royce. Hopefully it will be good.
Quote by RockGuitarist09
I'm starting my apprenticeship in electrical engineering in september with rolls royce. Hopefully it will be good.

Rolls Royce power systems or Rolls Royce motorcars?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I study eco engineer and tomorrow, in 9.5 hours, I'll be writing the final math exam for the first year.

I will probably fail it.

My thoughts on engineering:
1. If you're not into math, don't do it... just don't
2. At all costs, get a girlfriend BEFORE you got to university! You'll be surrounded by 75% dudes, and the 25% women are either fugly or taken, 'cuz dats just how they roll...
3. Seriously, get a girlfriend. Your studying is gonna suffer from it too if you don't.
Last edited by G.Krizzel at Aug 25, 2011,