So,,,

I am really tired of taking the guitar to guys that know how to calibrate bridges, at the end with this trem. I always get the same result:
Low E and A get out of tune everytime I use the trem.

The options that I am thinking about:
1) get a bridge without trem. that looks good on my s470 ( please help me find one )
2) get a floyd rose or something that actually works and I can BLOCK if I won't use the trem. for some time

This body is made for a trem. so I think it will be a waste to put a bridge on it, but I don't use the trem. so much anyways....

Thanks
Quote by joseche
So,,,

I am really tired of taking the guitar to guys that know how to calibrate bridges, at the end with this trem. I always get the same result:
Low E and A get out of tune everytime I use the trem.

The options that I am thinking about:
1) get a bridge without trem. that looks good on my s470 ( please help me find one )
2) get a floyd rose or something that actually works and I can BLOCK if I won't use the trem. for some time

This body is made for a trem. so I think it will be a waste to put a bridge on it, but I don't use the trem. so much anyways....

Thanks

Clearly the people setting your guitar up suck then, or you've done something to it yourself. I own an S470DXQM from around 2007, and it works fine - the ZR trem is great considering the price of the guitar, and after tinkering with mine it stays in tune pretty much as well as the OFR on my hand-made LAG Arkane Master Series, which cost nearly 5x what the S470 did.

My only real complaint with the S470 is the build quality of the hardware in terms of materials used... the main bulk of the bridge and pickup housings have rusted/worn away far more than those of any other guitar I own, despite not getting played as much as some of them.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Aug 25, 2011,
How exactly does the guitar go out of tune when you use the trem? When you push down, do the E and A strings go sharp after you let go, and vice versa? If so it might be a problem with your entire nut moving (or at least one side of the nut). And I'm assuming you made sure there wasn't anything wrong with the nut clamp for the E and A strings?
either that or if they are new strings they should be stretched acouple times before being clamped down. I have that problem with my guitar. If I put a fresh set i have to play them and retune it a bit to get any slack out before I do the finall clamp down.