This is one of the first songs I've written. It's in MIDI form because of my lack of adequate recording gear. This is a demo, so there will be better versions in time.

EDIT: here's the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXc_L9rq7fA
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Aug 27, 2011,
Quote by Orangaristocat
wheres the song? lol

Goddammit.
you're a stone fox
i know your pain about the recording gear... i have a primitive set up myself.

The first thing that caught my attention was the bass line. I thought it was actually really groovy. The song kind of reminds me of The Doors, i can definetely picture Jim Morrison-esque vocals in the song. The guitar fit very nicely at the end and it was perfect timing. really the only thing i would like to see is vocals in the song because i know the music fits for something hippieish lol but it holds its own as an instrumental. oh and maybe boost the bass a little bit thanks for your comment by the way
Quote by Orangaristocat
i know your pain about the recording gear... i have a primitive set up myself.

The first thing that caught my attention was the bass line. I thought it was actually really groovy. The song kind of reminds me of The Doors, i can definetely picture Jim Morrison-esque vocals in the song. The guitar fit very nicely at the end and it was perfect timing. really the only thing i would like to see is vocals in the song because i know the music fits for something hippieish lol but it holds its own as an instrumental. oh and maybe boost the bass a little bit thanks for your comment by the way

Thanks, the bass part was really important because you don't see enough really good bass lines anymore. I will definitely add some vocals, and fortunately my voice sounds very Jim Morrison-ish. I will boost the bass too.
you're a stone fox
The last thing that caught my attention was the bassline, that's because I didn't hear it until I listened to the song again with headphones on but I thought it was really good once I heard it. I however don't see how vocals could go over it as it is now, seems like the guitar melody is really the central part of the song. It would work well as an instrumental, but I think you'd need additional parts.

Thanks for the crit btw, I know my song was significanlty longer, so I'm sure you can understand my bais when I say your song just needs more riffs.
Quote by Leather Sleeves
The last thing that caught my attention was the bassline, that's because I didn't hear it until I listened to the song again with headphones on but I thought it was really good once I heard it. I however don't see how vocals could go over it as it is now, seems like the guitar melody is really the central part of the song. It would work well as an instrumental, but I think you'd need additional parts.

Thanks for the crit btw, I know my song was significanlty longer, so I'm sure you can understand my bais when I say your song just needs more riffs.

Yes, thanks, I still have to decide if it's gonna be instrumental or if I should add vocals.
you're a stone fox
okay i do this thing where i type where listening, here goes:

sexy sounding, sounds happy

get better midi drums, they sound a bit tacky

sexy synth bro

okay now i'm dancing

and crying

simultaneously

oh wow

guitar playing is nice, but you really need a nicer tone

honestly clean would sound nicer

sounds sexy

peace
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by laid-to-waste
okay i do this thing where i type where listening, here goes:

sexy sounding, sounds happy

get better midi drums, they sound a bit tacky

sexy synth bro

okay now i'm dancing

and crying

simultaneously

oh wow

guitar playing is nice, but you really need a nicer tone

honestly clean would sound nicer

sounds sexy

peace

It's all MIDI, so when I actually record it, tones will be better. Also, I bit-crushed the drums, so that might be the synth you hear.
you're a stone fox