I'm trying to play this lick from the second solo of Victim by Avenged Sevenfold.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UvyvpmMDHg

It starts at 5:21

As of right now I can play it up to speed most of the time, but the fingering I use for it seems so awkward and wrong. Also, I'm playing in E standard. I'm not sure what tuning the song is originally in.

Here's what I'm doing now:

e|-15p11---15---11-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-------15---15---15-11-16\11-------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------10/12-15-13-12-15-12-13-12----------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------------------------13-17-13\12-13-12----------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------11-------------|
E|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------13-11/15----|

I also wasn't sure whether this was for techniques or tab forum. Thanks a lot!
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Have you tried searching for a live performance of this song to see how the guitarist plays it? It may help you with figuring out the fingering. Maybe it's just an awkward lick to begin with!
There aren't really any videos of him playing it live. There are covers on youtube, but I can't really accurately judge if they're doing it the correct way either.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

I dunno what tuning that song is played in, but the lick you posted can be rearranged to make it less awkward to play:
e-15-------15----------11----------------------------------------------------------
B----16-15----15-16\11----11------11------11---------------------------------------
G---------------------------10-12---13-12----12-13-12----12------------------------
D-----------------------------------------------------13----13-12-13-12------------
A-----------------------------------------------------------------------11---------
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------13-11/15

That makes it much more comfortable to play.

Having watched a coupe of covers, it looks like most people are playing it the way you posted, but that looks terribly awkward to play to me. The rearrangement I posted above is a little more sensible, in my opinion.
Thank you!

I'll give it a try as soon as I can!
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

So I ended up using a variation of yours and it seems to work best for me:

e-15-------15------------11--------------------------------------------------------
B----16-15----15-16-15\11---11-----------------------------------------------------
G-----------------------------12-15-13-12-15-12-13-12----12------------------------
D-----------------------------------------------------13----13-12-13-12------------
A-----------------------------------------------------------------------11---------
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------13-11/15

Thanks again and hopefully this can help others!
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30