Hello,
I am having a slight problem finding the perfect clean tone. I want something bright, clear, and amazing. But i just cant seem to find it. My tone at this point is...

Clean - red
Drive - 9 o' clock
Bass - about 7 o'clock
Mid - about 9 o' clock
Treble - 9 o' clock
Channel volume - about 1 o' clock
Chorus - a bit past 7 o' clock
Reverb - off

any ideas for what im looking for?

Thanks
^There's your problem.

And try adding some verb.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 25, 2011,
Not to amp-bash here, but you're not going to get a decent sound from a spider, much less a "perfect clean."
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Last edited by Strat007 at Aug 25, 2011,
Add more treble and bass.
Turn up the volume a bit I had a Spider 3 - 75 and they seem to sound a little bit better with a little more volume as it helps define the channel a little bit more. At lower volumes they tend to muddy up a little. Also back your mid down to either 5 or 6 and the treble to around 7, turn your chorus off and add just a touch of reverb. Also I think from memory take the drive down a touch. See if that kind of lands you in a nice spot otherwise you can always check out the various tone forums for your particular amp.
I would start your EQ (Low, Mid and High) at about 12 o'clock and work from there...I used to have a spider and would end up bumping the low up to about 1 - 2 o'clock, the treble and mids would depend on what I was playing. You want to add just a touch of reverb as well.

As an aside, you want to replace the spider with almost anything else as soon as possible. They sound abyssmal. Even the other modelers at the same price range sounds worlds better, including the Vypyrs.
try setting everything to 12 o'clock and going from there, maybe more treble and a touch more bass, also the guitar and the pickups your using will effect how clear and bright your tone is.
i hated the vypyr, all it did was hiss and feeback like no tomorrow.

im using a kerry king signature v (full maple, ebony fretboard, and emg 81/85+pa2 setup)
Try using the neck pup.
Have you tried what we said?
yes i have, (everything except selling it) and i have found a very nice bright, crisp, and clear tone with the advice
You could have told us that. Did my advice help?(probably not )
haha, yours did...the only reason i didnt say anything was so i could see what anyone else had to say