I've recently got to the conclusion that that setup [probably a stiletto 212 over a rectifier because of it's tightness] is the best for me, after playing on one.
But.....I still want some final thoughts and opinions due to my untrained ear as I'm so afraid being unsatisfied.

As for other recomennded amps:
Egnater rebel 30 came with great clean but poor distorted sounds.
Jet city stuff was totally mediocre for my taste. [JCA50H]
Blackstar club40 was great but i need a head, which isn't available in Israel.

Bugera 6262 was great but i don't know how its 120W of power are going to fit into my bedroom playing [with some gigs there and there]. Haven't tried the 333XL head but the 120w problem is here again. That amp head is my main dilemma over the V3M tiny little head...

I love the sound of Opeth\Periphery\Faceless\Halcyon\Veil of maya etc. Most important thing for me is NOTE CLARITY with high gain sounds. As for cleans-they were just perfect with the V3m\6262, especially on the V3m.

so guys....with which do u think i'll be satisfied? \=
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Darkanus at Aug 25, 2011,
the prices must be insanely high in Israel
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by SwampAshSpecial
For djent/tech death metal stuff the V3 is muuch better than the others, and Mesa build solid, good quality cabs! Sounds like a good choice to me.

V3M u mean?
well, i heard the same about the 6262. Tons of tight metal gain...etc...
The v3m is more notorious for his versatility as far as i know..
question is which is better out of the two, for my bedroom playing needs...
V3M is better for bedroom since you can go from 50 to 7 watts
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

You're right about the prices...a Mesa 212 costs here around 1000$....
How about note clarity and tightness? I probably will prefer the 6262, even with its 120W of power, if it has more clarity...
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
Honestly, if its anything like the original V3, it should all round blow the Bugera out the water. No competition IMO.

So how can u explain the shitload of videos and samples of various Bugera amps in YouTube [especially the 6262], contrary to maybe 6 lousy demos of the V3M?
I loved the V3M when tested it, but all of this sounds suspicious \=
Quote by Darkanus
So how can u explain the shitload of videos and samples of various Bugera amps in YouTube [especially the 6262], contrary to maybe 6 lousy demos of the V3M?

youtube demos suck and bugera has much more customers since carvin sells factory direct
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

The V3M is newer. However, if I recall correctly it's basically a V3 with lower wattage and in a smaller housing, i.e. it's a beast.
Quote by Darkanus

Carvin are a much smaller company than Bugera with much less exposure. Bugera are very much a budget brand - the 6262 itself is a copy, and there have been multiple reliability issues with it. Carvin are known a little for semi-custom guitars, and barely heard of by the majority for amps. The V3M is also pretty new - The Bugera has had a few years for people to make vids, whereas the Carvin was only announced at NAMM earlier this year.
Quote by Helicopters!
The V3M is newer. However, if I recall correctly it's basically a V3 with lower wattage and in a smaller housing, i.e. it's a beast.

I don't think it has master EQ like the V3L
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Still, many other new amps [egnater's stuff, Blackstar..] have various of YouTube\gear forums feedback, reviews and demos...Hope you're right.
The reliability issues with the Bugera amps are far gone as far as i know.
I really liked both amps, I just have a problem being totally sure before buying.
If the 6262 had a variable wattage switch, I'd probable prefer it over the V3m.

OliOsbourne, you're right.
Nice user name...

Get the Carvin, everyone and their mother's dog already plays a 6505050505262.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Can you get an Orange 2x12 there? A tiny bit better than Mesa IMO and about the same price new in the US.
You first choice is the best one IMO, get the V3M and a Mesa 2x12 cab (get the Rectifier or the Road King). I'm pretty sure you will be pleased.

I'll get a V3M for me some day, but first I have to get my Mesa RA-100H (already on that) =).
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by Raijouta
Nice user name...

Get the Carvin, everyone and their mother's dog already plays a 6505050505262.

An Orange ppc212 costs here about 1200$..If ill find one priced as the Mesa, ill probably get it, though i HATE how Orange cabs look like.

Why the rectifier and not the Stiletto? People say the Rectifier is too bassy in high volumes, which is damaging the tightness of the sound, contrary to the smaller sized Stiletto cabinet. Am i right?
Last edited by Darkanus at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by Darkanus

An Orange ppc212 costs here about 1200$..If ill find one priced as the Mesa, ill probably get it, though i HATE how Orange cabs look like.

Why the rectifier and not the Stiletto? People say the Rectifier is too bassy in high volumes, which is damaging the tightness of the sound, contrary to the smaller sized Stiletto cabinet. Am i right?

If what I believe is correct, you do get more bass out of the rectifier but not that much to damage the thigtness of your sound.

Can you try the cabs by yourself though? If you want the stiletto cab you can't go wrong anyway.
yes i can...
And what's the advantages of the Rectifier on the Stiletto?
The 212 Rectifer vertical slant looks great under a V3m...I just hope to get a tight sound as with the Stiletto cab..
Last edited by Darkanus at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by Darkanus
yes i can...
And what's the advantages of the Rectifier on the Stiletto?
The 212 Rectifer vertical slant looks great under a V3m...I just hope to get a tight sound as with the Stiletto cab..

More sound projection... Try them and you will see what I mean...

And yeah, the vertical one will look AND SOUND awesome!
get the v3m, i have similar tastes to you and ive been eyeing it up since it came out, everyone i talk to points me to it and all my research says it will be kick ass. and yes it does all the metal you want.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Linqua5150
get the v3m, i have similar tastes to you and ive been eyeing it up since it came out, everyone i talk to points me to it and all my research says it will be kick ass. and yes it does all the metal you want.

But you haven't tried one yet?
Well, I did a LOT of research and found nothing unfortunately. As i said, no reviews, almost no demos and not much opinions. What attracts me to it is it's specs, my experience with it and u guys.
Sorry for being such a nuisance, I just really hope i'll be satisfied with my first tube amp, which I worked so hard to get.

Looks like it's going to be the Carvin V3M...
Quote by Darkanus
But you haven't tried one yet?
Well, I did a LOT of research and found nothing unfortunately. As i said, no reviews, almost no demos and not much opinions. What attracts me to it is it's specs, my experience with it and u guys.
Sorry for being such a nuisance, I just really hope i'll be satisfied with my first tube amp, which I worked so hard to get.

Looks like it's going to be the Carvin V3M...

you have to look harder

of course there is the official one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwFvKrKqtcU

some others ive found(some good quality, some not so good)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41I9LenXI1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zmoVBvtI1k&feature=related
(i have messaged bundy1 about it a few times, hes had a v3 for years and gave me some good info, and settled my worries about harsh high end and whatnot, hes a mod on harmony central i think and a respectable source)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whbsln81yYE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
this guy has multiple parts, while its kind of boring it does show some good stuff, especially the part with the 7 string, shows some good points for higher gain tone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZPIYyClcE&feature=related
the same guy doing a multi part, more traditional style demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=451K8DThbSw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQqYJ_wMkU
the most recent one ive found, decent sound quality, really shows good stuff for higher gain, even tho the one guy is REALLY anoying

EDIT:
forgot

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/151161-nad-carvin-v3m-head.html
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Aug 27, 2011,
I've seen most of the videos u've posted, and the 7string NAD thread, except of the one with the annoying guy and the baby. A great video, and a descent sound.
The 7string thread got me a bit worried because of the fizz issue..apart from that thread, almost no one mentions that amp head in any forum out there...
The Carvin demos didn't made an impression on me. As for that "MilleniumX17" YouTube guy, he's reviews are sadly ridiculous. He somehow got that amp to sound awfully bad, and not to mention his playing...The other one's though, with his guitar teacher, are definitely better...
In conclusion, the amp sounds pretty good. It's his lack of feedback and reviews is what's frustrates me, in contrary to the Bugera 6262.. \=

Quote by Pac_man0123
IIRC, Bugera is adding a power level knob to their new amps, and possibly adding it to their old ones as well.

These aren't out yet. Unfortunately, it'll take some time until they arrive to the stores..especially for the TRIREC. That's a too long wait for me...
I have a v3m...I love it. It can be crystal clean, and get heavy as shit. I use a 112 and with it set on 7 watts its quiet enough for apartment use. Has more gain than i need? So i think it would be your best bet.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
I have a v3m...I love it. It can be crystal clean, and get heavy as shit. I use a 112 and with it set on 7 watts its quiet enough for apartment use. Has more gain than i need? So i think it would be your best bet.

I spent a lot of time playing on it's clean channel back at the store..was VERY impressed.
I consider quality high gain sounds to be harder to get, especially in a couple of minutes at a store.
yeah, i heard the amp have a lot of available gain, but what about note clarity?
Doe's it sound a bit fizzy to your ears?
Quote by Darkanus
I spent a lot of time playing on it's clean channel back at the store..was VERY impressed.
I consider quality high gain sounds to be harder to get, especially in a couple of minutes at a store.
yeah, i heard the amp have a lot of available gain, but what about note clarity?
Doe's it sound a bit fizzy to your ears?

For me, i play a lot 80's metal...so i dont need a shitload of gain...But i have turned the gain up a bit. I honestly didnt notice much fizz...maybe its just my artillery ears catching up to me. lol. Carvin does have a 10 try it period, where if you get the amp, dont like it, you can send it back for a refund...
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
does Mesa still do the 2x12 vertical cab .

Im totally digging it . would be perfect in size for my bedroom next to my bed ( i have around 25 inch of free space in width .. so it would be perfect ) . but i cant seem to find it in caandian dealer store .
seem to be quite rare .

the sad part is im expecting to pay around 1000 for a 2x12 mesa cab
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
The 10 day try period isn't available here, in Israel...
No fizz...and what about clarity and tightness?

And for the 212, yeah, they still make them..cost around 1100$ here, lol..