I bought some EMG's but the problem is that the input won't quite reach the hole where it should be so I can't put the screw around it to keep it there, the cables that connect it to the pot are too short. Can I use cables from the pickups I removed to lengthen it?
I think that should be fine as long as you connect them together really well. They have these things, don't know what they're called, you put a piece of each wire you're connected into each side, then clamp down on each side with pliars - the whole inside is super conductive and makes a good connection - you can get those things super super cheap at any hardware store.
It's just wire. Will be fine. Be sure to insulate the connections after soldering the wires together, if you choose to solder.
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
when I needed to make any wire longer inside my homemade guitar I'd just attach another piece of wire to it. Just attach the two wires and put electrical tape around the connection, fairly simple, It doesn't affect the output of the pickup.

Try to use two wires that are the same in diameter, ideally the exact same type of wire.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

come on get down with me
Solder another wire onto the end, then wrap it with electrical tape. That will be fine.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Thanks guys, I'll do it when I get proper soldering stuff xD (right now I have the wires taped to the pots and the same with the battery-to-pickups cables) It works, but won't last forever without having to re-tape it xD
^Solder's pretty cheap and easy to find, any mass merchandising store (Walmart, Sears, etc) will carry it along with any hardware store. You could probably find it in some gas stations and auto parts stores. Using an iron is really simple as well, if you can write with a pencil you can use a soldering iron.

But yeah, soldering an extra length of wire onto another wire is totally fine.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
RadioShack. 60/40 resin core I hope!
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood