Hey guys!

So, I began writing this song a little while back. It's dedicated to my mother who was killed in a car accident in January. I was aiming for a somber, yet hopeful feel.

It began as simply an acoustic guitar. I then added some piano and a little bass for ambiance. I added an electric guitar in the final chorus just to kind of make it different from the rest of the song. I'm thinking about perhaps adding vocals and replacing the electric power chords at the end with a melodic riff (perhaps mirroring the vocals).

As always, leave a link for you C4C.

The song is listed as "A Letter To Heaven V2"

LINK: "A Letter To Heaven V2"
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."
Hey DaysOfGrace! I saw your username and figured that I'd drop by and ask how you were doing and I wanted to check out your song! (this is JboyFreshhh, i'm just using my "band" account )

But I definitely like it a lot. It has potential to be an epic ballad. I can just hear a slash-like solo ripping through those chords and a big, catchy chorus vocal melody in there

And I can relate to your story since my dad passed away not too long ago, so it's easy to feel the emotions within the chords. Definitely a nice tune.

Could you check out the new song that my friend and I put out? It's just a very simple acoustic guitar song. Nothing special lol thanks

http://youtu.be/h9CvDto8rUU
Hey thanks man! I've been polishing all of the accompaniments for this song, but I just can't seem to come up with a melody. I've written lyrics 4 or 5 times for it and scrapped them because I didn't think they fit (you should totally shoot me some vocal writing tips if you have any ). Otherwise, I definately think I could throw a halfway decent solo at the end (some slowhand style perhaps).

Now that I've finished thanking you, now I will say I hate you. "Forever" is such a friggin' awesome song. I love it, man. I like the way you refined it in this new version, however, I do have one beef with it. That would be the part of the bridge where it gets really quiet. I like the 1st version of it a little better ONLY because I'm not a big fan of the faded vocals. I still love the song though. 'Tis but a mere speck of dust on an otherwise flawless diamond (Maybe that was bit of overkill, no?). Really great stuff you guys have. Love the vocal harmonies too, by the way. They're excellent, and your voices compliment each other very well.

Can't wait to hear more!
"This nightmare's gonna break me.
Please, Daylight, save me..."
lol thanks for the compliments man! Yeah, I'll talk to my friend cuz he's the guy who usually thinks of most of the vocal melodies, and ill see if he has any ideas or suggestions for your song keep making music man!
hey man, really pretty song, i like it alot. my only complaint would be to maybe work on the dynamics of ur guitar? idk rlly how to put it but the guitar almost sounds fake or like robotic, it just needs more dynamics and emotion put into it, maybe a diffrent rythm or something. as far as vocals go, its a beautiful instrumental peice as it is, but if u add vocals i think thtll suit it well too, very nice! c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27983448#post27983448