in the near future i am buying a fender LE ’65 Deluxe Reverb Amp. I am in another country for a few more months so it is not a huge rush. My question is what are some of the regular savings or promotions that MF has. i have read a few times on these boards that usually you can find a promo for 10% off or something like that. Anyone have any tips to share with me. It is expensive enough that it ships free but i am hoping to find something else to knock off... even just a little is better than nothing.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Last edited by zenbone at Aug 25, 2011,
i flat out wont buy from the guy on the other end of the phone for less than 15% off. i will just call another, and another, if needed, another.

usually i get it the first time, maybe 1 of 5 orders i place from them i have to talk to a second salesman.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
cool, thanks guys i will just seach out coupons and worse case call and get the percentage drop. i never thought of calling but that makes sense, they are used to dealing with that kind of thing to keep orders going. i look forward to sharing some NGD soon.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i flat out wont buy from the guy on the other end of the phone for less than 15% off. i will just call another, and another, if needed, another.

usually i get it the first time, maybe 1 of 5 orders i place from them i have to talk to a second salesman.

just curious as to how you go about getting the 15% on phone orders? because you are essetially haggling yea, but its different over the phone and in person, right?
Quote by Seanthesheep
just curious as to how you go about getting the 15% on phone orders? because you are essetially haggling yea, but its different over the phone and in person, right?

you just be an aggressive but friendly buyer, tell them what you want and basically say that $XXX is what i am willing to spend on this guitar, can you make the deal? and reassure them that they will get you as a return customer, and like i said it usually goes through without much issue. i have dealt with my guy Conrad at m123 for quite a while, i haven't made an order from them recently, but i would assume he is still around.

not to be an ass or anything, but when you are spending a few grand a year and he is aware that all of those sales are his (and the previous year were his), he is gonna like ya better.

M123 will be the easiest of the GC/MF/M123 group to haggle over phone. but no sense in trying them all.

in person, if i buy something from guitar center, i haggle there too. thats how i paid just south of $700 after taxes on an ibanez RG3550MZ because it had been sitting there for quite some time and my guy Big Rob at GC in Clearwater, FL (just mentioning in case anybody is local) dropped the price down to cost.

i wouldn't just walk in the door of a independent shop and barter, you have to feel them out first, or ask somebody else about them. i have known some people that have offended by an attempt to barter, just like everything, bartering has its place.

generally in business if you are a faithful customer you will be taken good care of.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
you just be an aggressive but friendly buyer, tell them what you want and basically say that $XXX is what i am willing to spend on this guitar, can you make the deal? and reassure them that they will get you as a return customer, and like i said it usually goes through without much issue. i have dealt with my guy Conrad at m123 for quite a while, i haven't made an order from them recently, but i would assume he is still around.

not to be an ass or anything, but when you are spending a few grand a year and he is aware that all of those sales are his (and the previous year were his), he is gonna like ya better.

M123 will be the easiest of the GC/MF/M123 group to haggle over phone. but no sense in trying them all.

in person, if i buy something from guitar center, i haggle there too. thats how i paid just south of $700 after taxes on an ibanez RG3550MZ because it had been sitting there for quite some time and my guy Big Rob at GC in Clearwater, FL (just mentioning in case anybody is local) dropped the price down to cost.

i wouldn't just walk in the door of a independent shop and barter, you have to feel them out first, or ask somebody else about them. i have known some people that have offended by an attempt to barter, just like everything, bartering has its place.

generally in business if you are a faithful customer you will be taken good care of.

What he said above.

If you don't want to offend them just simply ask is this your best price? Comment- I've seen this sitting here for a while...
Quote by trashedlostfdup

That GC is 5 minutes from my house. i love going in there, they are pretty cool. Usually i will hit up Sam Ash, then slide over to Best Buy/GC in that same shopping plaza. it used to be an every sunday thing when i was home. I am assuming it will be when i get back too. I am sure i have seen Big Rob but i don't know their names.
Quote by BlackVoid