what guitar is newer? better? esp ltd mh50 or m100fm. numbers and letters so confusing.i gota feeling the higher the number the newer/better but dont know which comes first out of the mh or m-fm series
thanks
MyoWnMe
Usually, the higher the model number, the higher the quality of the guitar.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
MH100FM is better.
The MH50 is a cheap starter guitar.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
thing is there too different series,whats better out of the mh or m-fm?
thanks guys
MyoWnMe
Last edited by disah69 at Aug 25, 2011,
They're both shit. The 100 is just less shit than the 50.

Save your money and buy a better guitar.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

thanks for that insightful comment,that maybe the case but for my experience i think it should be ok.i would get a rzk2 or kh2 if i had the money
MyoWnMe
You can go used and get a good ESP LTD 400 series for $300...

Insightful enough for you?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Well have at it. The general consensus is that with LTD, you shouldn't go lower than 400. Be aware of active pickups in some of the models and make sure you actually want them, I hate them but some UGers like them for metal.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

50 and 100 are equal. The difference is that the 100 models have a flame or quilted maple veneer. There's a blog on my profile about ESP and LTD guitars, it would answer a lot of questions you may have.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
50 and 100 are equal. The difference is that the 100 models have a flame or quilted maple veneer. There's a blog on my profile about ESP and LTD guitars, it would answer a lot of questions you may have.

thankyou,this was the type of answer i was after,just some on info on which seperates them from each other,or which one is better out of the 2,i KNOW theres better esp's for a little more money,but i can get these 2 particular guitars for 100 each so thats why i wanted to know.thanks for every ones input.

how many shapes are there of the mh50 cos the 1 in question seems to have a curved body,and another is flat like the kh2, is the curved 1 a newer production?
MyoWnMe
Last edited by disah69 at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by disah69
what guitar is newer? better? esp ltd mh50 or m100fm. numbers and letters so confusing.i gota feeling the higher the number the newer/better but dont know which comes first out of the mh or m-fm series
thanks

Bigger the number, the better. 50 and 100 are awesome for beginners and the occasional beater guitar. The 200 series and up is where you start getting into better guitars for intermediate (200-350). 400 and up are their very nice guitars, and the 1000 is the Deluxe series covered in Abalone and with high end electronics and hardware.

MH and M-FM are two different series. The M (or Marauder) is more of a direct super-strat guitar, with a flat top, arm contour, reverse headstock, and usually a Floyd Rose. Frequently they have Alder bodies and maple necks.

The MH is a mixture of the Marauder and the Horizon (or H series, hence the name MH) where the Horizon body is used (usually a mahogany and maple, arch topped super-strat shape) with the Marauder neck and headstock (which doesn't differ much). However, the headstock is not reversed. This is mainly aesthetic, but it has some effect in guitars with a traditional nut.

At this level, you'll get basswood and agathis bodies with a maple veneer on the top, poor hardware and lackluster electronics with lower quality control. I'd suggest saving up for at least something in to 200 or 300 series if you want a better example of the quality of an LTD.

Quote by disah69
thankyou,this was the type of answer i was after,just some on info on which seperates them from each other,or which one is better out of the 2,i KNOW theres better esp's for a little more money,but i can get these 2 particular guitars for 100 each so thats why i wanted to know.thanks for every ones input.

how many shapes are there of the mh50 cos the 1 in question seems to have a curved body,and another is flat like the kh2, is the curved 1 a newer production?

That would be carved, not curved. As mentioned before, the M series has a flat top, MH has a carved top. They're two separate models.

You can visit the ESP guitars website and check out each of their models and see what they all look like.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 26, 2011,
thanks for clearing that up,but im sure ive seen a flat mh50.confused..
i would like to get a better guitar,but honestly anything will seem better than what im using now,for the last year ive been playing a stagg x400 and its terrible but persisted to play it so when i play something else it will seems like a dream,and it does..every branded guitar i play seems so good so i think these models will be fine for the time being..my next guitar after this will be a kh202,
MyoWnMe
Shinozoku is almost spot on, except that the MH has the Horizon (Thin U) neck, not the Marauder (Extra Thin U) neck.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
whats the difference between u and v neck? and is extra thin better?
MyoWnMe