So, I've been working on recording my drums, and it seemed like all my songs were getting off time. At first, I was thinking maybe I wasn't as good at keeping time as I may have originally believed, but after about 2 weeks of practicing my songs, and recording with a metronome, I know that that isn't the case.

I'm using an HP laptop with a core i5, 6g ram, and running through adobe audition. I've tried playing with headphones, and listening to the track straight from the computer, but it always end up the same, about 2 minutes through any song, the recording speed seems to vary, up to an entire beat fast/slow.

Here's the mic I'm using. Its a loaner, cuz I'm a poor bastard.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=579&q=M+one+usb+mic&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=18027129934554882571&sa=X&ei=GQ1XTtukOaiwsAKSusSvDA&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQ8wIwAQ
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I
make sure your songs tempo doesnt change.. if it does place a marker with the tempo change. you could also have a different time signature which will screw with you when playing to a 4/4 click.

in my studio you get 5 trys at a take until i do it for you.. just saying
The most common thing to happen is to modulate into triplets, especially for a drum fill:

1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-TRIP-PUH-LET-TRIP-PUH-LET-TRIP-PUH-LET-TRIP-PUH-LET-1-2-3-4...

Happens all the time in heavy rock and metal. Tempo doesn't change, time sig doesn't change. Just triplets.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I guess I wasn't exactly clear. I play along to a song as a drum cover. Lets use something easy, like Back In Black. Now, when I try to record, even though I'm playing along to the track through my headphones on time, the actual recorded drum track (that I'm playing) will stretch / shrink, making the timing sound off. Like I'm speeding up or slowing down, when I KNOW I'm not.
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I