I posted this song awhile back in the recording studio section and I just finished a play through video for it. I figured you guys might want to see it in action! It is definitely my favorite guitar! The playing is a little sloppy, but oh well, I wanted to crank it out without taking forever.(Knowing me it would take hours to get a perfect take ) Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/5OTQ7et0wDQ
excellent playing. i am like you in that i never record something perfect, i try a few times and i am just like screw it and post it up, but it probably wasn't as sloppy as you think.

however i am a little disappointed in BKP's solely based on the acclaim they get on here. i certainly know the few clips i have seen here and there are not enough to make a verdict, but i was really looking into your combination (in my case with a RG3550MZ) of pickups for it.

was that done with axe fx? or did you use an amp? if so which amp model was used? also does it sound drastically different played and recorded on Axe than it does with a mic'd or even unmic'd tube amp?

again great playing, would love to learn a litle more about BKP based on the above questions.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thank you!

Yes, it was with my axe fx ultra, and I used the Das Metal (diezel vh4 model i believe) amp model. Pretty basic patch with a boost in front.

They actually still retain the same character through the axe as they do through a normal amp. They sound great through either and give you what you would expect from a boutique pickup.

If I had the money to spend I would get bkp's all day long for any guitar I owned. With a budget in mind, I would most likely go with dimarzios. My 7 string agile has the Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire set and I really love those pickups too! Bkp's generally do sound a little better to me, but maybe by only 5-10 percent or so. Not anything drastic. That's why I say, if you have the money, go for BKP's, if not or you don't want to throw that much money at pickups, you can be just as happy with a more mass produced pickup!

The painkillers may not be the best choice for this guitar because they are focused around the mids, and with the basswood body they lean towards sounding thin. If you eq the amp right, they sound amazing though and cut in a mix great!

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask me anything else!
i am about 80% happy with the dimarzios in my 3350. i probably wont be picking up any bkp for a little while, as i have money going elsewhere at the moment, i have been building amps, and that isn't cheap. i have already done a clone of a Marshall 1974X and am working on a clone of a JTM45 (had a huge delay, but got the parts i needed in earlier this week, so i will be at it most likely be working on it tomorrow).

also i would be more inclined to be dropping $300 in for pickups on a guitar i typically would not gig with. its more of a fun sit and mess around guitar. 80% of my playing is on one of my Gibsons.

how would you compare the BKPs relative to say a Dimarzio Tone Zone/ Air Norton set? just curious because thats what comes in the 3550 from the factory.

i definitly agree with your statement of them being 5-10% better, as well as most other things when approaching the boutique end of gear.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I personally don't have any experience with BKPs, but I haven't been very impressed by the humbucker sound clips and videos I've heard, not that they aren't good sounding, but because they don't sound better than Dimarzios.

I also figure if they were as amazing as people make them out to be, then some of the more famous tone junkies would be using them, like Joe Satriani, for instance. I know Chris Broderick uses them in some of his guitars, but he chose Dimarzio pickups for his Jackson sig. Whether he did it for economical purposes or because he believes Dimarzio is better, I don't know, but it looks like he was able to have whatever he wants in his sig, and that's what he chose.

As much as I'd like to use BKPs myself and form my own opinion of them, they are just too expensive to try out, all I have to go by are videos and endorsements.

As for the video clip, it's ok, but it just sounds like axe FX to me. Not a tone I'd personally be happy with, but tone is all preference, so to each his own.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am about 80% happy with the dimarzios in my 3350. i probably wont be picking up any bkp for a little while, as i have money going elsewhere at the moment, i have been building amps, and that isn't cheap. i have already done a clone of a Marshall 1974X and am working on a clone of a JTM45 (had a huge delay, but got the parts i needed in earlier this week, so i will be at it most likely be working on it tomorrow).

also i would be more inclined to be dropping $300 in for pickups on a guitar i typically would not gig with. its more of a fun sit and mess around guitar. 80% of my playing is on one of my Gibsons.

how would you compare the BKPs relative to say a Dimarzio Tone Zone/ Air Norton set? just curious because thats what comes in the 3550 from the factory.

i definitly agree with your statement of them being 5-10% better, as well as most other things when approaching the boutique end of gear.

I haven't tried the tone zone, but my buddies mayones setius has an air norton set. On my same Axe fx patches that I use with my yellow ibby, they sound a bit more bassy and not as pronounced in the mids. They are definitely more muddy, but still don't sound too bad! Also I believe the mayones is an almost all mahogany guitar.