Page 1 of 3
I've noticed this happens a lot now a days.
Someone's unfortunate looking and they get written off just because the majority of people are shallow and can't be bothered to get to know someone if they're not attractive at first glance.

For all they know, that person could have been the chillest person they met in their entire life, but it wasn't worth their time to get past what they look like.

I'm pretty sure most of the pit is down to earth, but do you guys see this happening as much as I do?
Thoughts?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Aug 26, 2011,
I do see this happening alot and I do agree with you but come on....these people are ugly as sin
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Aug 26, 2011,
Halo effect. Look it up.
Everyone's guilty.

Most of the people I know well and are friends with are through having to sit next to them in school/college classes and realising they were actually really cool, rather than scanning around until I found an attractive person to talk to.
Though I do admit I abandoned a fat kid with tourettes (turned up late to my first class, and the only free seat was next to him) and moved across to sit between 2 attractive girls on the other side of the room, and became very good friends with them
I try to avoid doing it, but being so young, I understand that my counciousness is generally making me want to avoid those people, but I do not.

In terms of relationships I generally avoid flirting with people I don't find very attractive.
Add a poll TS
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Nope, I don't really look at people. IDK why, I'm just super bad at noticing looks.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Halo effect. Look it up.
Everyone's guilty.

Most of the people I know well and are friends with are through having to sit next to them in school/college classes and realising they were actually really cool, rather than scanning around until I found an attractive person to talk to.
Though I do admit I abandoned a fat kid with tourettes (turned up late to my first class, and the only free seat was next to him) and moved across to sit between 2 attractive girls on the other side of the room, and became very good friends with them

I hope you didn't move as soon as he sat down
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Zeletros

In terms of relationships I generally avoid flirting with people I don't find very attractive.

I flirt with people I don't find attractive if I already know them. I'm not too biased in this but if I walk into a room and the only two seats left are near an attractive person and an ugly person, I'm going to sit by the good looking one.
i dont do it for girls that i'd like. i mean, if someones got piercings all over them, im probably not going to talk to them. but thats a logical assumption; "oh they like piercings, i dont, therefore, i wouldnt like them that much."

if someone looked like a general, average looking person, i wouldnt write them off.
Quote by JAHellraiser
I hope you didn't move as soon as he sat down

Nah. He spent the whole hour talking at the side of my head, so the next day I got in early and went and introduced myself to some new people. The kid pulled pouty faces at me for weeks, and the guy who had to fill my seat kept glaring at me. Felt kinda bad.
Your unconsciousness automatically "grades" other people, so when you're actively doing it, it's not really that strange. Most people kind of suppress it I guess?
Quote by Avedas
I flirt with people I don't find attractive if I already know them. I'm not too biased in this but if I walk into a room and the only two seats left are near an attractive person and an ugly person, I'm going to sit by the good looking one.

Generally, this.

Although, calling someone good looking isn't rather the correct term, it's rather "attractive"
Ugly people are generally boring so that normally makes the decision for me.
Quote by Steve635z
Ugly people are generally boring so that normally makes the decision for me.

*looks at sig
Quote by Zeletros
Generally, this.

Although, calling someone good looking isn't rather the correct term, it's rather "attractive"

I just didn't want to sound so repetitive
Quote by Avedas
I just didn't want to sound so repetitive

Well, even if the person isn't good-looking, he can still be very attractive you know.
Quote by Zeletros
Well, even if the person isn't good-looking, he can still be very attractive you know.

Meh, takes too much effort to not be shallow.
no.

because i work in a psychiatrists and there's people who look normal and have got some pretty f**ked up things going on inside. and people who look batchit crazy aren't as bad as you think so i've kinda just accepted not to write people off or judge them on first appearence.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Im hard wired to want to associate with attractive females, as good looks is a sign of health and youth, meaning my offspring have a better chance of being healthy/not dying and as such I will be better equipped to pass my genes on. Lesser so with males, but i am likely to have a lesser chance of survival in battle if my comrades are excessively fat or ugly (in which case they are probably lepers).

Im a product of evolution. haters gon hate etc

i know little about evolution
Quote by duggyrocks
Im hard wired to want to associate with attractive females, as good looks is a sign of health and youth, meaning my offspring have a better chance of being healthy/not dying and as such I will be better equipped to pass my genes on. Lesser so with males, but i am likely to have a lesser chance of survival in battle if my comrades are excessively fat or ugly (in which case they are probably lepers).

How many attractive females you know DON'T use cosmetics to conceal their true looks?

Society pressure is really horrible nowadays, the amount of make up girls use is just retarded.
Last edited by Zeletros at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by Zeletros
How many attractive females you know DON'T use cosmetics to conceal their true looks?

Loads.
If I did, I wouldn't be in the pit.

Quote by Steve635z
Loads.

Your friends in the old folks home don't count.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Zeletros

Its always painfully obvious if someone is truly ugly under their makeup . But even so, my instincts tell me an attractive female is an attractive female, so being tricked or not I don't care
Quote by duggyrocks
Its always painfully obvious if someone is truly ugly under their makeup . But even so, my instincts tell me an attractive female is an attractive female, so being tricked or not I don't care

Attractive =/= healthy

That was my point.
Mostly yeah but i did see a 'bigish' girl once because she had nice personality (and money) My other ex's are pretty hot so its different.

Cant have that high expectations of yourself though so sometimes you have settle for less... its hard not to be shallow though.
Quote by Kensai
Your friends in the old folks home don't count.

Damn, I do like to slide my **** between the wrinkles.
Quote by Steve635z

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Steve635z

I was going to post something but now... oh my... I don't....
Quote by duggyrocks
Obviously not these days, but back when we weren't the great logical thinkers like yourself today, it was. We have just retained that connection

Where I live, most of the girls here are attractive. And there are a lot of them, so we actually take personality and hobbies(and health=sport) into consideration.
Quote by Zeletros
Where I live, most of the girls here are attractive. And there are a lot of them, so we actually take personality and hobbies(and health=sport) into consideration.

Well lucky you. Most of our women are average to unattractive and so we cannot be as selective
Quote by duggyrocks
Well lucky you.

I think he's just got low standards.
Quote by Zeletros

Plenty, and they aren't unhealthy either. Many also do not play sports.
Quote by duggyrocks
google images:

"estonian women"

Not exactly a fair comparison..
Quote by duggyrocks

I know a few people who read an article about evolutionary psychology and now they use this stuff as an excuse for everything. It's time to actually evolve, son.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by Steve635z
Not exactly a fair comparison..

Quote by fail
I know a few people who read an article about evolutionary psychology and now they use this stuff as an excuse for everything. It's time to actually evolve, son.

Yes. And human evolution will thank me for it. The beautiful people need to breed until the human race is a hardened diamond tip, ready to be thrust through the brain of the weak. The brains of the Aliens that have been observing us for some time now. To be honest I have no need for female friends, so initiating communication with an unattractive one would simply be wasting both of our time.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
I talk to anyone who's willing to talk to me. If I was selective about it I'd never have any friends.

I think a couple of my friends are good-looking now even though I didn't used to think that before. It's probably because I see them all the time and I got used to their faces
cat
Page 1 of 3