What's happening guys, just wanted to let you know a little tip I've been using for the past month that has reaaaaaaaly improved my guitar technique, it mostly applies to picking and lead guitar but it can add a bit of flavour to your rhythm playing.

Now this isn't a big massive, epic thing, it's actually quite simple and easy to do, and won't be new news to a lot of people.

But I've honestly tried all picks of every shape and size.. and this is the best, for me, I've found so far.

What I do is get a Dunlop Tortex .73 Yellow pick (you can actually use any), and sharpen it with a bit of sandpaper or a nailfile etc. until it resembles a sharper, triangular shape at the front. Ultimately you want it to come to a sharp point at the end, rather than a circular/curved point. For me, somehow this makes a tremendous difference!

Feel free to share your own DIY plectrum tips
Or buy the larger dunlop jazz III plecs which are exactly what you described!
Mustaine For President!!

Co-founder of the UG"We're gonna kill emos with HURLS!"club. Pm me or con job to join
Dont Be Shy Sign UP!! WE NEED YOU!
Or...you could just buy one of these.

Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Yeah, you get the sharper Tortex picks, but it's like what ChucklesMginty said, a normal Tortex plectrum that's been sharpened well, feels and plays a lot better than the Sharp ones they manufacture, they're a bit awkward and flimsy.
Jazz IIIs
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I use to use a dremel tool and sharpen a few at the same time by stacking them.

I got tired of that so....Green Dunlop Sharps ftw!