Does anyone know the best way to maximise my guitar quality, coming from POD farm, into reaper?

As it stands just now, when I record, the quality is drastically lowered, from when I play live in Pod farm..

Hope you can help, thanks.
Are you using POD Farm as a VST plugin in Reaper?
Guitars are like my babies... except without that useless baby meat...
Quote by Kindred_Future
Are you using POD Farm as a VST plugin in Reaper?

I have no idea? I just got the program and know nothing about it. But..

I'm using it as my input on the preferences settings, and just arming it for recording, I think..
He's using the wet signal to record.

Pregowski92, assuming that you have Pod Farm 2, open up the standalone program and doubleclick on the mixer on the right in your loop. On the right there should be two red sliders saying "REC: Tone A" or "REC: Tone A (Semi)". Set either (depending on which "send" you're using in Reaper) to REC: Dry Input.
You are now recording your dry guitar signal (the signal that the pickups send to the input, without altering the sound, except making it digital).

Now, before I waste a shitload of time on explaining how to get Pod Farm to work in Reaper, I'd like to know if you have an UX/UX2 through which you record, otherwise I'm not sure if you have the VST for Pod Farm in the first place. Someone else might want to confirm (or falsify) this).

What you CAN do is get some free amp sims / vsts and a bunch of impulses and LeCab 2 and mess around with those, if you don't have the Pod Farm VST. A lot of free VSt's sound a lot better than Pod Farm anyway.

Hope this helps
Last edited by Eryth at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by Eryth
He's using the wet signal to record.

Pregowski92, assuming that you have Pod Farm 2, open up the standalone program and doubleclick on the mixer on the right in your loop. On the right there should be two red sliders saying "REC: Tone A" or "REC: Tone A (Semi)". Set either (depending on which "send" you're using in Reaper) to REC: Dry Input.
You are now recording your dry guitar signal (the signal that the pickups send to the input, without altering the sound, except making it digital).

Now, before I waste a shitload of time on explaining how to get Pod Farm to work in Reaper, I'd like to know if you have an UX/UX2 through which you record, otherwise I'm not sure if you have the VST for Pod Farm in the first place. Someone else might want to confirm (or falsify) this).

What you CAN do is get some free amp sims / vsts and a bunch of impulses and LeCab 2 and mess around with those, if you don't have the Pod Farm VST. A lot of free VSt's sound a lot better than Pod Farm anyway.

Hope this helps

Alright I think I understand what you're saying, though I do really like some of the POD Farm VSTs.

But what you're saying is the best way to record is not to use them, use the dry signal then alter it through reaper?

Also I'm using a UX1
No, not exactly. I'm not saying to not use Pod Farm 2 - you can, absolutely - it's just that I personally think they're not the best amp sims around.

If you have an UX1 and you bought it in the past 2 months or something (i.e. after Pod Farm 2 came out) then you'll have Pod Farm 2 free and the VST for it as well.

Browse to (C: for me, depends on where you actually installed the Line 6 drivers/Pod Farm)\Program Files (which is "Program Files (x86) for me, because I'm running W7 64bit))\Line6\Pod Farm 2\VST\Line 6. In this folder you'll find a load of .dll files. Copy all of them (or just "Pod Farm 2.dll" if you just want to use the full Pod Farm in Reaper) to:
Program Files\Reaper\Plugins\FX.

Now open up Reaper, create a new track, go to the FX, rightclick on the long list of plugins and click "Scan for new plugins". After it's done searching, Pod Farm should appear in the list under the "VST" header.

You can now record your instrument DI, and then use Pod Farm in the FX loop to create your tone. Voila!