I just bought a Marshall g100cd 100 watt solid state head with 2 legion 4/12 speaker cabs for $250, the guy said it's hardly been used. The full stack looks and plays like it's new. He said he was getting rid of it so cheap was because it was old gear.

pretty nice find, huh?
no you didn't rob him, he's probably glad to get rid of it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I read that the g is an older version of the mg.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
I read that the g is an older version of the mg.

it is.

and the G series was originally made by a company called "park". then it had the marshall logo slapped on the front

still, you might've got a good deal on the cabinets - really it depends what speakers are in them imo.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Depends on the cabs.

The head is a pile of shit. But you could prolly make a profit on it.

If the cabs have decent speakers then awesomesauce.
1. Sell the head for $150.
2. Sell each cab for $75
3. ......
4. ?????
5. !!!!!!
6. Profit!

Sorry dude, but you got a lot of shitty stuff for not much money. You shouldn't have trouble getting your money out of it, since it was so cheap, but I wouldn't get excited. You now have a fullstack practice amp.

^Legion is known for extremely low end, particle board cabs... With shitty speakers. Unless someone threw some better speakers in there, which is extremely unlikely, then the cabs are just about worthless.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Aug 26, 2011,
You've been here since 2007 and you came to GGnA after you bought this POS? Maybe you can find a noob to buy it off of you for $200.

Are the Legions made by Madison? Here, I found some random comments on the webz

"I met the Madison guys and gals at the NAMM Show. Good peeps. Madison discontinued the Legion line. That's how I got mine so cheap"

"Anyway, they are bottom-feeder cabs. What drivers are in it? I think they are particle board too, aren't they?"

"particle bard cab, cheap speakers etc. I know Speakerhole which also sold as steelsound after they got kicked off ebay used to sell them alng with madison cabs."

"If they are anything like the bass cabs, I would avoid them like the plague."

"they ****ing suck dude... save your money and get an Avatar"

"You already have a crap head, don't get a crap cab."

"i would recommend a b52 LS metal face grill cab before a legion cab. at least the b52 has a lifetime warranty on the cab construction and 7 years on the speakers."

"dude... seriously take my opinion, I had a LS cab, and my avatar is leaps and bounds better... the LS cab was to hold me over after I got married (sold my 1st half-stack when I got married) til' I could afford a better cab"

"yeah, hopefully this guy will soak in the advise. hell even the lowest end b52 cab are decent. yes, they're made of mdf. but so are other cabs out there, like marshall cabs. Low end Marshall's are made of MDF as well. Just because it's MARSHALL, doesn't mean shit"

No he robbed you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well, that depends. Did you buy it for guitar or to simulate the sound of fat women at climax?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by JDizzle787
Since when does this ever apply to the quality of the musical gear?

It doesn't. See the quote in my sig. People buy gear for the wrong reasons

TS - I'm sorry, but you went about this purchase all wrong imo. Therefore, when you create a thread after the purchase and title it, 'Did I rob this guy?' you can basically expect to get what you get response wise.

PS: If you can't sell it, then maybe buy a Peavey 6505+ or a Vypyr 60 and stick it inside one of the 412 cabs after removing the speaker of course. No one will know and your tone will be much better. I got my Vypyr 60 for $315 - which is only $65 more than your full stack pos
Quote by AcousticMirror
This is like a situation where both parties are losers

Not necessarily because of this deal... They're just both losers for owning a full stack of mediocrity.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I keep reading that the 'G's are better than the 'MG's. Is that true? I've only played the latter. Primarily the MG250

nope, the Gs are pretty much the same as the older MGs - the current version of the MG is a fair bit better imo.

Hmmm...... Well........ I see lol, I don't know after playing it for awhile I think it did pretty well, regardless of whats been said of it. Maybe I got bad ears, but everything sounded loud and clear to me, so meh....to each their own.

I was more stoked about getting the 2 cabs for $250.

I knew when I bought it I wasn't getting anything amazing. You get what you pay for, and for the price I am pleased.

So yeah, I didn't rob him. I was little excited. But I know the area I live, and I can turn a nice profit off it guaranteed. If I even decide to.

I'll definitely be asking some opinions in the future before I make another purchase like this.

whelp, thanks everybody!
Man, if "loud and clear" was all that went into decent tone, we'd just hang out in hi-fi forums.

If you can sell for a profit, that's probably your best option. If you're happy with the sound and like the looks of a stack, enjoy what you've got. We're just pointing out that you could probably get an amp that sounds a lot better (although probably not louder/"wider" sounding) if you sold the stack.
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
haters, just jealous cuz they didn't get a cheap marshall.

but seriously, it's not worth bragging about but if you like it then consider yourself a lucky individual. i have spent a reasonable sum chasing my tone, be happy you found something you like for a bargain price.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
put the two cabs next to each other.

put a long board over them, lengthwise.

put stools around it.

bam, marshall bar.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
ewww. great idea. pull speakers out of cabinet, put a 3-way tap on there and you should be able to fit 3 pencil kegs in there.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Burn the head. Go out and buy something decent like a 6505 or ENGL of any model. Use your 2 4x12's for now until you save enough money to either swap the speakers or get a new cab altogether.
put a tank of gasoline in each cab and put some gasoline in the head and sell tickets to an MG burning show

I'd attend
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I like greg's bar idea. You could one day upgrade the speakers in the cabs and run a good amp into it, like an 18W Marshall (in a Jack Daniels tin maybe ) and have yourself an entertainment centre worthy of a drunken bluesman.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification