Lucky in money, not in love
32 19%
lucky in neither
97 57%
lucky in both and I wear women's clothing
25 15%
Voters: 170.
Page 1 of 2
So every country has this saying. In german it's "Glück im Spiel, Pech in der Liebe". So Pit, how's your score? Are you lucky in things concerning money, be it jobs or gambling or whatever, are you lucky in love, are you lucky in both (in which case, I hate you) or at neither?

Tell us
I'm 16 and look like an overgrown chimp.

I earn a bomb at the freak show and I get all the bearded bitches.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck. I'm alright at black jack and texas, but as far as love goes. Hooked up with my now girl friend and lives with me, and who is also a train wreck. She is a stoner alcoholic, and I am none of the above. She doesn't have a job, and I have a good paying one. She gets verbally mean to me, and I'm a pushover. She is starting to talk to her ex's hours on end on the phone. F*ck love.
Unlucky in both. I'm like old Gil.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I've had my chances for love, but it never seemed really worth it. I'd rather spend money on gear.
Quote by Slash_fanboy
I've had my chances for love, but it never seemed really worth it. I'd rather spend money on gear.

buying a prostitute doesn't count as love, bro
Quote by SchecterDean
If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck. I'm alright at black jack and texas, but as far as love goes. Hooked up with my now girl friend and lives with me, and who is also a train wreck. She is a stoner alcoholic, and I am none of the above. She doesn't have a job, and I have a good paying one. She gets verbally mean to me, and I'm a pushover. She is starting to talk to her ex's hours on end on the phone. F*ck love.

That isnt love homeboy. Quit being a puss and ditch her.....
Quote by Kensai
Unlucky in both. I'm like old Gil.

Kensai is so humble, he is such a great guy.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by SchecterDean

WHAT.

Grow some balls and kick her the FUCK out, man. For your own good.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
I don't know that saying in Finnish, so I guess I'm unlucky in everything.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Neither. I don't get lucky, I do everything the hard way.
Quote by metaldud536
F*ck. You couldn't make the poll private? Jeez, I'm the first who voted.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by zippidyduda
WHAT.

Grow some balls and kick her the FUCK out, man. For your own good.

Yeah that's what everyone tells me. She gave up a $30 an hour job to move in with me to be with me, didn't know I would get my walls pushed over. She's loving when she is sober, I'm 27 she's 31. Not to bitch or anything but, yep luck of the Irish.
There's no option for me, I don't wear women's clothing.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
i have a great wife for 18 years, and i am not rich but we have a nice house if florida and have always paid the bills so i would say lucky at both. to be honest i am not really crazy about money.... as long as the bills are paid and wife drives a reliable car i am sound as a pound. I think we are doing good but not rich. not sure what "rich" means anyway really. if i have a guitar to play, a house to come home to and a wife and cats to love me i couldn't ask for anything else.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Money wise I'm one of the 3 Children in my entire extended family, so I'm very lucky money wise... though my mum is poor as piss.

Never had any luck with the girls though =( Always ends badly.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by SchecterDean
Yeah that's what everyone tells me. She gave up a $30 an hour job to move in with me to be with me, didn't know I would get my walls pushed over. She's loving when she is sober, I'm 27 she's 31. Not to bitch or anything but, yep luck of the Irish.

Trust me when I say, you're too young for that bullshit, dude.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
I make my own luck. I also make my own money. So far they haven't caught me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by zippidyduda
Trust me when I say, you're too young for that bullshit, dude.

Thanks man.
I believe luck doesn't exist and you can change anything if you really want to.

So... neither
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I believe luck doesn't exist and you can change anything if you really want to.

So... neither

Bitch please, flash those greens in public and you're a movie star.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by zenbone
i have a great wife for 18 years, and i am not rich but we have a nice house if florida and have always paid the bills so i would say lucky at both. to be honest i am not really crazy about money.... as long as the bills are paid and wife drives a reliable car i am sound as a pound. I think we are doing good but not rich. not sure what "rich" means anyway really. if i have a guitar to play, a house to come home to and a wife and dogs to love me i couldn't ask for anything else.

Nice! Fixed it btw. I hope to find myself in the same place 17 years from now(newlywed w similar situation)

Good to see that some folks are content. I hear/read way too much complaining from people.
I'm generally a pretty lucky person and always seem to land on my feet.

However, I believe you make your own luck.

EDIT: And those moaning can change things; you can either sit at your computer and moan about a lack of money and a lack of love (which, by the way, greatly outweighs money), or you can go out and make things happen.

It doesn't just come to you.
Last edited by fender_696 at Aug 26, 2011,
I'm lucky in money, not love. I have a good paying job as a farmer... but I've only dated once, and that was two years ago, for 5 months.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by fender_696
I'm generally a pretty lucky person and always seem to land on my feet.

However, I believe you make your own luck.

EDIT: And those moaning can change things; you can either sit at your computer and moan about a lack of money and a lack of love (which, by the way, greatly outweighs money), or you can go out and make things happen.

It doesn't just come to you.

I tend to disagree with the last statement because I was fortunate enough to have been found by love(so to speak) Although I realize there is a lot of missed opportunity out there. You definitely have to be able to take chances and seize the moment. Some people are just so scared of rejection(understandable because it is the worst feeling) that they never end up finding what they're looking for(be it money,love etc). Man its a slow day at work......
I don't know, really. I'm currently broke (aside from some change somewhere :p, but I don't really have any expenses anyway. Only one place I've ever applied to has shown the slightest bit of interest, and I still didn't get hired. v.v As for love, I'm both lucky and unlucky. It's complicated.
Quote by dopelope
I tend to disagree with the last statement because I was fortunate enough to have been found by love(so to speak) Although I realize there is a lot of missed opportunity out there. You definitely have to be able to take chances and seize the moment. Some people are just so scared of rejection(understandable because it is the worst feeling) that they never end up finding what they're looking for(be it money,love etc). Man its a slow day at work......
Precisely.

Hence the reason I said you have to get out there and change things yourself.

I realise that people, particularly on this site, have a crippling fear of rejection and have low confidence, it is still within their own capabilities to change things.

It is somewhat annoying to hear people whinge about their "poor luck" when there is no such thing; it's down to the individual to create their own luck.

EDIT: And with regards to money, I don't have a lot, but it doesn't stop me going out there and having a laugh.

For example, me and a mate have just scraped enough money for a one-way ticket to Italy in a week to do organic farming. We won't have a lot of money, but will work as we go and find accommodation that way. We will stay out there until the thrills and / or money runs out.

I have friends who literally have no money and go for a night out without a penny to their name. They normally charm strangers into buying them drinks (I once went out with a girl who I convinced to buy me a drink at the bar ), amongst other things (beg, steal and borrow lol) to ensure they still have a good night

Not saying that's a good way of living, but it is making your own luck, money or not.
Last edited by fender_696 at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by Jackal58
I make my own luck. I also make my own money. So far they haven't caught me.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Page 1 of 2