I was just in my local guitar shop, chatting with the guy who owns it and he mentioned that he thinks Zoom may have gone out of business.

Apparently he heard a while ago that they were struggling to stay afloat, and a couple of weeks ago they stopped answering their phone so he hasn't been able to get hold of them.

A quick search on google & their website didn't give any clues, has anyone out there in UG land heard anything?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Haven't seen a thing and they just released the G3 within the last couple months. And just released the software preset editor for it in the last couple weeks.
Well if they did it doesnt hurtmy fealings one bit, the only product s zoom made I liked were the Q3/portable recorders.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Their twitter feed hasn't been updated since the 9th. I can't find any other sign they're out of business though, and that's not exactly a strong indicator.

I'm guessing that the person the store owner calls is at the national distributor for Zoom. It's unlikely he'd be calling Zoom headquarters in Japan. Perhaps the distributor is out of business, or having problems with their contract.
Quote by Roc8995
Their twitter feed hasn't been updated since the 9th. I can't find any other sign they're out of business though, and that's not exactly a strong indicator.

I'm guessing that the person the store owner calls is at the national distributor for Zoom. It's unlikely he'd be calling Zoom headquarters in Japan. Perhaps the distributor is out of business, or having problems with their contract.

Good point- a distributor is more likely to go out of business than a huge international company.
the zoom website looked like it was last updated about a week ago, so thats more recent than their twitter feed.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud