Okay, I wrote and recorded a song using Cubase. Everything was okay until I used a few certain plugins, which would cause a popping noise, almost like clipping.

I know the obvious solution would be to just remove the plugins but I want to know why it's happening and if it can be stopped without removing the plugins.

I thought it could be my computer but I'm not sure, here are the relevant specs.
4gb RAM, 2.8Ghz processor (AMD), running windows 7 (64-bit)

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Most likely because your computer is running out of juice, assuming these are CPU-heavy plug-ins. Not much you can do, other that increase the sample buffer size in your DAW's preferences which might help a little. That or bounce some of the tracks you're happy with, including all their plug-ins, and then import the tracks back into the project and remove the plug-ins from the project tracks they were on - problem there is that if you want to change something plug-in based on those particular tracks, you're screwed.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
'ModernFlashVerb' - reverb
''Xcita' - Exciter

Sometimes I have the problem when I use 'Vintage Rock' too, which is one of cubase's own plugins.

I may have a go at that method, thanks for the replies so quick, thanks
Last edited by chuckyno1 at Aug 26, 2011,
This is a rear problem, i think you can try windows 7 (32 bit) or any other older version of windows as a trial. Thanks