Hi guys, i will be buying a new guitar in a few days and i would appreciate some help choosing one. I have narrowed down my choices into these few guitars

Ibanez RG870Z
Jackson WRXT Warrior
LTD MH350FR
LTD MH327
Yamaha 721 - Used
I am currently leaning towards the ibanez and jackson as the LTD uses a floyd rose special. The ibanez also comes with a hardcase whereas the Jackson comes with a gig bag.

Also, i have came upon two used ibanez prestiges, which are the rgt42, and another one with the serial number of f0904750. can anyone help me find out what model is that? Should i get one of the used prestiges instead of the other guitars? I am currently trying to get something brand new although i am willing to go used.

Edit

Here is a picture of the two ibanez prestiges. hopefully someone will be able to identify them

(Invalid img)

The RGT42 is the one greenish in colour and the guitar with the serial number is the one in between the RGT42 and the PGM
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
Last edited by Zainprox at Aug 27, 2011,
I would definitely lean towards the RGT42, Ibanez pretiges are fantastic instruments, really very well built and damn good sounding pieces of wood. In my experience with those other kind of guitars, even if not those exact models, the prestiges will absolutely slaughter them in terms of quality.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It's hardware is in a somewhat poor codition though. The surface of it's tuners and the bridge is a little corroded.
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
that serial number only really tells you that it was either made in 2009 or 1990, i think. and in japan.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't really want the rgt42 as it has a painted neck and my hand kinda sticks to it. Both prestiges are not really in good condition so I'm leaning towards the ibanez premium and the Jackson. Can someone tell me which is better? Both of them feel good in my hands.
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
how much is the rg870? i know here in europe you can often get a new prestige rg1570 for the same price or less.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The RG870Z will cost me $950 in singapore dollars, which is $789.7 in American dollars, and the WRXT Warrior will cost me $888 in singapore dollars, which is $ 738.2 in American dollars. The Ibanez will come with a hardcase and the warrior will come with a gigbag. I got the money conversion by google by the way.
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
Quote by sstony
Get the Ibanez !!!!!!!!!

Do you mean the RG premium? Have you tried one before? How do you think it compares to the Jackson?
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
Quote by Zainprox
Do you mean the RG premium? Have you tried one before? How do you think it compares to the Jackson?

I do quality control for Ibanez and PRS, the Premium series are not as good as the Prestige, if you can get a Prestige you wont be dissapointed.
Quote by sstony
I do quality control for Ibanez and PRS, the Premium series are not as good as the Prestige, if you can get a Prestige you wont be dissapointed.

Yes, i agree, but the RGT42 has a painted neck which i don't really like and i just don't know enough infrormation about the other Prestige to feel safe buying it. Both have corroded bridges and machineheads although they can be replaced
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
I took some 1000 grit sandpaper to my guitars neck, made it silky smooth, as far as corroded hardware goes: how bad ? the Prestige guitars are top of the line and even if theres some corrosion on the hardware you can replace it or live with it depending on the price of the guitar.
Hey do any of you guys think the unidentified guitar could be a RG1570? the black one on the left of the PGM
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
could be, but i'd want better pics to be sure
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok guys, i am heading to the store tomorrow and i will be buying either the RG870z or the WRXT Warrior. I have a little trouble deciding which i should get and i want to know your opinions on these two guitars.
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
The RGT is not a Prestige. Get the one that is, the one next to it. Tests definitely the most bang for buck out if all the guitars you listed.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Actually i was asking about the RG premium and the jackson WRXT as the Ibanez prestige is in a pretty shitty condition, although there is a chance i might just get the ibanez. Could you tell me whether the RG870z or WRXT Warrior is better?
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
Most likely the Premium.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Most likely the Premium.

Do you have a reason for choosing the Premium?
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
just go for the PGM. such a beauty!
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
Quote by drying out
just go for the PGM. such a beauty!

But it has an edge III tremolo which sucks!
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
Quote by Zainprox
Do you have a reason for choosing the Premium?

It has a better trem, better heel, and better pickups. Also probably better build quality.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks. How do you think the premium compares to a S770FM? I can get these two guitars at roughly the same price but the S770FM does not come with a bag. The S770FM has a ZR trem
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
The S has a better trem than the RG. Everything else is pretty equal. They feel very different though, bodywise. Definitely check for comfort.

I still strongly feel that you should get the Prestige though. Despite its physical appearance, its still straight up a way better guitar than anything else you're looking at.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The S has a better trem than the RG. Everything else is pretty equal. They feel very different though, bodywise. Definitely check for comfort.

I still strongly feel that you should get the Prestige though. Despite its physical appearance, its still straight up a way better guitar than anything else you're looking at.

It's a shame that the Prestige exceeds my budget and my parents feel that it is too expensive for a used guitar, since the price i'm getting it for is SGD$1100, which is USD$913.6, and the price of it new is about SGD$1500, which is USD$1245.8.

Hence, i have decided on either the Premium or S770FM as the WRXT Warrior felt weird in my hands. It was as if the strings were further apart from each other and i kept missing the strings when picking.
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2