ok first off my apologies for using a guitar hero video...... its the only video for this song that somewhat isolates the bass. now my question is simply will the tech 21 vt bass give me an overdriven bass tone like the one in the video? ive been checkin up on the vt bass 1969 head and really like what i see. and two channels would really come in handy for switching between overdriven and clean tones. any input?

http://youtu.be/-E1s0A2H054
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
A VT Bass pedal will totally get you that tone.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
so in that case would the vt bass 1969 head be a good choice for me? i would dig the ability to switch to a clean tone or even a different type of overdrive.
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
You could always go for the VT Bass deluxe - it has 6 different channels.

But the VT Bass head would also be a viable option.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by Killerfridge
You could always go for the VT Bass deluxe - it has 6 different channels.

But the VT Bass head would also be a viable option.

im looking at the head because i need a gigging amp atm and since it has DI that kills two birds with one stone. im really looking for a head with DI capabilities so theres less variation in my tone between amped and DI'd
Quote by Bass First
Then yeah, I would suggest the VT Head.

I personally use the VT Bass deluxe going straight into a QSC Poweramp, and with a DI going to the desk. Sounds epic! (Check out my awesome NIN - The Collector tone on my Youtube channel )
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!