Here's one for anyone bored with some of the shite that's labelled as progressive metal these days... Class heavy metal in the mid-period Fates Warning style, with some crazy vocals... overall just a deadly band! Technical, but easy enough to get into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpTzekgH9UM&NR=1
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
This band is awesome, one of the few that I'd make a comparison to Watchtower with, though they're somewhat more "mature" sounding overall... probably due to the majorly better production that Psychotic Waltz got.
Awesome band, although I only have Bleeding. I'm surprised to see you mentioning them Strangles, this is why you're awesome.

Edit: Just an observation of the track you posted, I was somewhat reminded of Pain of Salvation, I wonder if they ever listened to Psychotic Waltz...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
A Social Grace is their absolute best and one particular record that stuck with me when I first got my hands on it. Binged for a while on this one!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Perfect listening companion to Fates Warning
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Devon/Buddy totally looks like Bas Rutten, except he has an amazing voice.

Thought you all might enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLLtTnLxms&feature=related
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
well if it sounds like watchtower at all, i'll probably love the shit out of it.
does the guitar playing stack up to jarzombek at all though? doesn't really make much difference to me, but i will be impressed.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Buy this album, ye goons!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.