I want to buy a new guitar, my budget is £300-£400
Ive looked into the PRS SE singlecut and Epiphone Les Paul Standard, are these guitars decent?
I like bluesy stuff like Hendrix and Zeppelin and hard rock like The melvins, i dig Pantera and zakk wylde stuff too, so a balance between classic rock and hard loud stuff would be cool.
Just getting back into playing guitar after having a looong time out, Id like to use the guitar to gig with eventually as well, so help me please :p
Appreciate any help guys and girls
sounds like you need an SG
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Either of the two guitars you named would be awesome for what you want to do. Sounds like you are exactly on track. Good luck!
I recently purchased a Epi LPS and I really enjoy it.
With a good set-up it plays pretty fantastic and the feel it nice if you like a 24.75 scale length.
washburn x50pro?

which do you play more of, the vintage stuff or the more modern, heavier stuff?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
washburn x50pro?

which do you play more of, the vintage stuff or the more modern, heavier stuff?

Heavier stuff i suppose, but i like both sounds. Could you recommend an amp around the same price that would go well with the guitars and styles i mentioned. Ive only ever owned a peavy solid state, so i dont know much about amps. Id like an amp for practise and to use for jamming as well.
Last edited by insushin at Aug 26, 2011,
Get the PRS and look for a used Peavey VTM 60/Triumph 60, they sound amazing and you can get one for ~$200. That leaves enough left over for a nice used 1x12 or 2x12.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by insushin
Heavier stuff i suppose, but i like both sounds. Could you recommend an amp around the same price that would go well with the guitars and styles i mentioned. Ive only ever owned a peavy solid state, so i dont know much about amps. Id like an amp for practise and to use for jamming as well.

k

washburn would probably do pretty well, then

for the amp, maybe a traynor ycv50b from thomann?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The PRS SE is by far the better guitar for just about anything you want to play without having to change anything on the guitar.