Dropped my EHX Memory Boy analog delay on the way to jam earlier this week... today I just found the "damage."

It has mysteriously acquired around 6 seconds of low fi delay AND with the depth knob becomes the craziest distorted ring mod I've ever heard. And best of all the original sound is intact if the delay time is kept shorter.

Anyone ever heard of this happening to pedals?? Has any of your gear mysteriously become 10x more awesome?
You should offer that as a mod and not tell clients how you do it. Show up at their house empty handed, say, "Hi, I'm here to mod your pedal" then throw it at the wall in their home. Turn to them and say, "That will be $50," and leave.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
You should offer that as a mod and not tell clients how you do it. Show up at their house empty handed, say, "Hi, I'm here to mod your pedal" then throw it at the wall in their home. Turn to them and say, "That will be $50," and leave.

made me lol so much

but srsly its a proper viable business idea.

check if it'll work with other pedals and gear too, such as a marshall MG mod, you could make it something that everyone will love, a smashed up MG... what's better!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
If i try this with my old strat copy do you think it'll sound better? ;P
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
Quote by Dempsey68
made me lol so much

but srsly its a proper viable business idea.

check if it'll work with other pedals and gear too, such as a marshall MG mod, you could make it something that everyone will love, a smashed up MG... what's better!

Maybe tubes will grow inside it?
I had something weird happen with my EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi (a combo overdrive/distortion pedal) where after my brother dropped a lockbox on it and replacing the on/off kick button it does a weird chainsaw-esque awesome distortion when the bias and volts are both turned all the way up. I don't know exactly what happened to cause it, but it only does it when it is ALL the way up.
Quote by Vendetta V
CLIPS!!

a smashed up Spider III?

Anything by Kustom...
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Something happened to my Big Muff where when it's bypassed no sound comes from my amp unless I twist the toggle switch a little bit...
One time somebody stepped on my pedalboard and apparently didn't tell me about it because the mode knob on my dd-7 was bent. It was great when my pedal board was stuck on a slanted wall, because I could easily change the mode. But I accidently ordered a new pot and fixed it :/
Cliiiiips Cliiiiips.

I think I need to make a gear zombie image that I can use to spam the GG&A forum.
URL]
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Aug 26, 2011,
Maybe an MG or spider will sound better if you throw it against the wall... (hmm.. Maybe I should try it with my cube...)
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by kutless999
Maybe an MG or spider will sound better if you throw it against the wall... (hmm.. Maybe I should try it with my cube...)

How to make an MG sound better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmZZuPFbyw&feature=player_detailpage#t=142s
^Have a spider on the front of the rocket sled collide with an mg stack.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.