No idea of electric guitars, been playing acoustic one for a time.
need recommendations.
and for a AMPS too.
Budget for electric one and AMPS will be around 1100$

P.S.- I personally like one of the MARSHALL AMPS

THANKS IN ADVANCE
What's your style of music? Any particular sounds you're going for?
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
jesus... Go to your nearest guitar store and play everything you can get your hands on. Then come back and tell us what you like and don't like. Then we can help you.
Quote by Strat007
What's your style of music? Any particular sounds you're going for?

i mostly played soft songs but wanna try other genre too.
SUGGEST ME SOME
my troll-dar is off the scale

but go buy a squier bullet strat and a line6 spider IV15
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Helicopters!
jesus... Go to your nearest guitar store and play everything you can get your hands on. Then come back and tell us what you like and don't like. Then we can help you.

i have no idea about electric versions much, been playing on acoustic only
but wanna try other genre too
Like a previous poster said, go play every guitar you can get your hands on at the store. Write down the ones you like and come back here. So much about buying a guitar is how the thing feels in your hands. Then you have to think about the sound and the only way to know what you want is by playing them because there are so many varietes available. Just make sure you play them through effects petals as well as clean so you know for instance what it sounds like with distortion. Find all that out and then people here can guide you to quality made instruments for the money. Most the time the salesmen are full of ****. YOU DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO THEIR ANALYSIS OF AN INSTRUMENT. They'll tell you a piece of garbage plays and sounds like a Les Paul to get a sale. If buying a used instrument, it would help to bring someone you know to be knowledgable about guitars to check it over to make sure it's not a lemon and has the original equipment so you're not buying some "pawnshop guitar", unless that's what you want of course, You can probably ask the salesmen to tell you if the equipment on the axe is original. They're usually pretty honest about that and it's about the only bit of truth you can usually get from him.
Last edited by junglej25 at Aug 26, 2011,
There are thousands of guitars that we could recommend here.

Do what helicopters said: Go try some different models, and report back here with what you do and don't like about them.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Get a Line 6 Variax and plug it into your car's stereo. You will sound like a sportscar even though you ride the Partyvan.
I gotta tell you, you're all wrong. If you didn't play electric guitars before (and I don't mean once in a while, I mean had an electric guitar), you most probably can't hear the differences well enough to decide. First I'd really recommend you a modeling amp with a lot of different sounds, like VOX/Peavy. I have an AD50VT and it really helped me develop, and I heard a Peavy in a music store and it sounded great and had tons of sounds as well. There might be more good modeling amps, but the VOX is real great. (Not the AD50VT, it's old already, there are better ones now)
As for your guitar, if you're not looking into playing all kinds of things like jazz/country usually, get a 2 humbucker guitar, with a simple fender-like tremolo or a tune-o-matic (DO NOT EVEN TOUCH A CHEAP FLOYD ROSE THAT'LL BE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN YOUR LIFE), I'd suggest you not to put too much into it, just buy something popular that you here good things for experienced players about (not from people who just got them as their first guitar lol). When you develop a better hearing and start to have a playing style and preferences, you can always put whichever 2 humbuckers you want for 200$ and get the sound you're looking for, and when you want to go real pro (well at least 2 years after the pickup swap) you can buy something you'd really want and like.
Last edited by gnr_tb at Aug 26, 2011,
I'm not talking about him HEARING any differences whatsoever. It has to fit right in his hands.
I don't now what to recommend... but what about a strat? This one is really good
Ahhhhh...Get a Les Paul or Fender... Strat or Tele is good. Just depends on what genre of music you wanna play.
You really haven't given us anything to go here. Any particular bands that you like the sound of?
Ive got 3 different guitars now, ones a strat copy, ones a jackson performer ps1 and the other is an epi sg g400. They all sound different, they all have their pluses and minuses. Overall I like my Jackson most cos its the most comfortable to play when sitting, which I do 99% of the time and really sings and is probably the most playable. The Epi has the chunkiest sound to it, real grunty, chunky tones to it. The stratofaker is more suited to crispness. It was my first one but is not the best one of the three. I only play it now as a novelty. I dont regret buying any of them because as my taste changes, I have the axe to play it with. The faker might get some mods done to it though to give it some stones. My advice is choose what type of sound you want, what type of music it is and get something that is capable of making those sounds. Simple really.
Just in case you're not trolling (I don't think you are)
Quote by Dempsey68
my troll-dar is off the scale

but go buy a squier bullet strat and a line6 spider IV15

Don't listen to this.
Quote by Helicopters!
I'm not talking about him HEARING any differences whatsoever. It has to fit right in his hands.

I actually think he doesn't need to look what feels good for him right now as well, he should play an electric for a few months at least before he knows what feels good for him...