I just finished build my latest guitar. Redwood top Black Limba back and sides. I got a Martin OM neck from ebay, and installed a martin-style truss rod from Stewmac. Ebony fretboard. Thing looked great and couldn't wait to string it up. When i went to tune it up, The neck bowed forward like crazy and no matter how much I tried adjusting the truss rod it wouldn't straighten and now my guitar won't tune. What did could be wrong? Is there a truss rod adjustment to be made before stringing it up. The neck is so bowed that the guitar is now unusable. and I can't unglue the neck from the mortise joint. But i'm looking for something for future reference.
did you try the truss rod before you installed it to make sure it works? once in a while, they don't. my husband wonders if the truss rod was long enough for that neck, and i'm wondering if the truss rod channel is too deep, in which case the truss rod could move in the channel without moving the neck.

you can steam off the neck
http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Guitar/NeckReset/00028Reset/00028reset01.html

btw, did you pre-tension the truss rod before you installed it?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I works. So well actually that it popped out of the channel and took off the fretboard. I dunno. I had the fretboard glued down tight too.
congrats! my first thought was that it was moving in the channel somehow. glad you got it sorted out
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
the truss rod works but the neck is still bowed and it wont tune. I dont think the channel was tight enough. At least I know for next time