If you had the possibility to get a fender usa standard strat from 2000 in almost mint, or a new 2011 standard strat for almost the same price, the new one is like 70 dollar more, but theres no possibility to try the used one before and the used one has a small ding on the backside

also the used one is almost half price of what a new one is here in europe, but still got a way to get a new one for a "used" price

what would you get and why?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

If they're almost the same price & in budget, you might as well go for the new one, you'll know exactly what you're getting and have all the warranty etc

I'd only go for the used one if it was saving a significant amount of money, or if it was old enough to have some vintage value - the one you're considering doesn't, so it's not worth it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
given they're only 10 years apart, new.

if they were the same model, colour etc then new. fo sho
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
That's really a none issue isn't it?I mean its not like its vintage or the 2000 model was championed as some great achievement in guitar making. May as well take the new one, no one's gone be like "A 2000! really? Dude where'd you find that?"
I got a new one. It's an amazing guitar. I don't think there's any difference between 2000 and 2011 models. If you were talking true vintage Strats, then yeah, but not within the last 15 years.
I'd personally get the usa. Better quality than those mexican standard pieces of shit . And with the money you saved, you could get it a pro setup and fret dressing
Quote by rox355
I'd personally get the usa. Better quality than those mexican standard pieces of shit . And with the money you saved, you could get it a pro setup and fret dressing

you missed the point by f'king MILES
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by rox355

he didn't really specify, but i'm assuming the new one he's talking about is the same model as the 2000 usa standard. seems logical really.

if it's the same model then buy new if there's only $70 difference - you shouldn't be paying that close to the brand new price for an 11 year old guitar.

but if the new one you're looking at is a MIM standard like rox355 seemed to think, and not a USA standard, then you'd be best off going used, because in that case it'll be a better guitar for a little less money.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
yeah after reading it through i'm thinking jaekae means the standard is an MIM.

will defer until this gets cleared up
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I heard the early 60s ones are nice

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
They re-did the american standards in 2008 there suppost to be better after 2008 including the new ones. I'd go new.

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband