None, but raise driver's license age
17 5%
Voters: 372.
Page 1 of 6
f*ck it.
let 'em drink
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
16 because if you're old enough to kill and sign yourself up to go to war, you should be able to drink.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
21. You'll appreciate it for longer. It's 18 over here and as soon as you've had your first legal drink, it all loses it's fun.
Quote by Tango616
16 because if you're old enough to kill and sign yourself up to go to war, you should be able to drink.

18 is the legal age for joining the armed forces. But yes, I do agree.
The age of majority(18). It makes absolutely NO sense that a 19-year-old can go overseas to kill and die for his country, but can't have a beer in a fucking bar back home.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Tango616

You mean 18?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
18 is good.
Just don't make 19 like over here...
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
21. Not that i would protest it being set at 18. I just don't want to hang out with y'all at the bar.
epic7734
16 but you need to apply for an alcohol licence. questions such as 'hey, what do you do if you're incredibly drunk but don't have anybody to drive you home and you have your car in the parking lot?' and 'what's 3+47?'.

i also find it frustrating that 21 is classed as an adult in a liquor store but 15 is an adult when you're at the cinema.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Aug 26, 2011,
18. If you're going to make 18 the legal age of adulthood, you should give 18 year olds ALL the rights that a legal adult should have.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I think once this country's economic issues are settled (should be easy... RIGHT GUYS?) and the prohibition of marijuana's quelled, the next thing to tackle is the alcohol age. The higher you set the age, the more taboo it is. A lot of European countries don't even have age restrictions.
18. 16 years is too young imo, that's about halfway through highschool. 21 years is just so long

EDIT : Also, this.

Quote by rgrockr
18. If you're going to make 18 the legal age of adulthood, you should give 18 year olds ALL the rights that a legal adult should have.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Quote by boreamor
No one should be allowed to drink because no one is responsible enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States
21 or higher people do stupid crap and well booze is involved they become dumber. Most people don't grow up till they are like 25 and even then. People with limited mental capabilities shouldn't be allowed to handicap themselves further. Just saying.
I understand the sentiment about military service and what-not, but I don't see much more benefit from lowering the legal drinking age. Perhaps a beer/wine only for 18 years?

It's a silly argument to me though since I have no issue with said laws.
18 for beer and wine or any alcohol under 10%
20 for hard liquor
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Wheres the IDGAF option. I can drink here in England. By the time I move back to the US I'll be 21 so hell yah
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Should go by height. If you can put your money on the bar you're old enough to drink.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I don't understand the "x age for beer/wine, y age for liquor" idea. If people wanna get smashed they will simply buy more of whatever it is there drinking.
Two things:

1- the age you are allowed to sign up for the military and the age where you can drink are completely unrelated, and one should not affect the other, at all.
2- I personally think it is strange that all the people that do use that argument, always go "You can die before you can drink! So the age to drink should be lower!" and not "You can die before you can drink! So the age to die should be higher!"
Quote by Dirge Humani
Two things:

1- the age you are allowed to sign up for the military and the age where you can drink are completely unrelated, and one should not affect the other, at all.

No, they're not related, but it's a morality argument.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Two things:

2- I personally think it is strange that all the people that do use that argument, always go "You can die before you can drink! So the age to drink should be lower!" and not "You can die before you can drink! So the age to die should be higher!"

I understand that they are actually completely unrelated. I just hate the fact that we can ask people to go kill and possibly die for the country that hasn't even given them all of their rights yet.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Make it 16 to buy alcohol and 18/19 to get into bars/clubs.

Teens are going to get ahold of booze either way so you might as well allow them. The main concern really is drunk driving and underage (16-17 years old) being in an establishment where people regularly hook up and where judgement is impaired. You don't let let them in bars you decrease these problems somewhat.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
While I do agree with the military/alcohol age limit argument (Being that if you can do this-and-that, then you should be able to do this-and-that). But a slight semantic to it is also that just because you join the armed forces, doesn't mean you'll automatically be sent to go kill people and or even get killed. The risk of it is there, yes, so that's still enough to be able to sway me to agreement with that side of the argument.

Plus when you join the military, your rights are stripped away, technically, and you're Uncle Sam's bitch. So lower the age and let 'em have fun before the join the military, and let em have adult rights like everything else 18.
An age limit of 21 seems to promote a childish attitude towards alcohol. With a cultural change, 16 and making general alcohol sales law more liberal would be pretty cool.

It's the kids who are raised up without alcohol who are the most silly when they actually get that wiff of freedom. Because use of alcohol is so widespread, it's worth getting people to responsibly appreciate alcohol whilst teenagers.
Quote by Dirge Humani

how is that strange? if they're using that point to root for themselves to get drunk earlier, they're going to use the side of the argument that's relevant.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17