I have seen threads here, and elsewhere, about head room on tube amps with low wattage. But all the ones that I have seen are about jamming with drummers. What I want to know is, do amps with 1 or 2 watts give enough head room for cleans when recording or just playing in your bedroom/apartment?
Want Sub-Forums For GB&C, CLICK and Comment to Help the Right People Notice.
Yeah. But not much.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Also depends on the pickups, although you could roll down the level a bit.
WTLTL 2011
^ + ^^ word
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
we were kidding in the "all you need is 5 watts to gig" thread. so please don't buy that line of BS.

1 or 2 watt amps have almost no headroom.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
You can put in a 12at7 or 12au7 for more clean headroom
john, you left your delay on.

changing that tube in a low watt amp just makes it quieter imo. at least that's my experience. so it actually breaks up at a higher point on the vol dial, but it's still at a very quiet overall volume.

not flaming, just posting my experience.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.