Page 1 of 3
How come most musicians are male? Maybe females just generally suck at being musicians, and therefore don't try? I dunno. And I'm not sure if singing is as viable as playing an instrument. Discuss!
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Singing is an instrument. Women just don't go into the field as much because it's harder to get into for a female I imagine. There are some amazing female musicians. Frankly, I don't differentiate. I see musicians and only musicians, not gender labelled musicians.
Quote by Dirge Humani
In a semi-serious response, I have actually heard many women complain that holding a guitar is uncomfortable because of tits.

I can imagine how uncomfortable it would be with John Petrucci's pecs when he was in bearmode.
Quote by Dirge Humani
In a semi-serious response, I have actually heard many women complain that holding a guitar is uncomfortable because of tits.

My ex gave me her guitar because of that very reason.

Also TS, your point is invalid

Quote by Wisthekiller

On the other hand. I have never laughed at a female comedian. (not actor, or SNL, but stand up comedian)

I dunno if Sandi Toksvig counts as stand up, but she's absolutely hilarious
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Aug 26, 2011,
Because they touch themselves at night.
???????
Seriously though, I think it's because the whole rock'n'roll, sex and drugs stereotype is filled with a majority of dudes.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Oh here we go again.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Meg White, Hayley Williams, Angela Gossow, Kittie and more girls that I'm too lazy to name. Invalid point is invalid.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Angela Gossow is overrated as hell and her voice annoys me.

I know plenty of girls that have told me that females should stay out of metal and let men do that stuff. Some things are just meant to be done by certain people, and this happens to be people with testicles.
I have a friend, who is a woman, that can play piano better than most famous people. The drummer in my band is a girl. And lest we forget Orianthi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpsY6f4nRPs
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Last edited by Kutless Rocker at Aug 26, 2011,
one of my favorite bands is paramore. there are a lot of brilliant female singers, and singers are musicians. also, there's an evolutionary argument in here somewhere, but there's one in every argument so i'll leave it up to you lot.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
men tend to get encouraged by women lusting after their musical abilities.
women don't have that.
also, solo women singers tend to be more popular: madonna, gaga, katy perry, mariah carey, whitney housten, aretha franklin etc.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by Dirge Humani

Nah, you can just flop them over.
Quote by SkepsisMetal

She's so cute and uncoordinated looking like she never played any sports, yet pretty technically proficient
Although I disagree with you, TS, let's just say my band had a chick for a singer at one point and she was fired within the first week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBXcNr_CLlE

A chick does the strings in this band, as well as some vocals.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by SkepsisMetal

I'm sure you'll agree that there's a bit more to being a musician than playing covers

Quote by Gorelord666
Meg White, Hayley Williams, Angela Gossow, Kittie and more girls that I'm too lazy to name. Invalid point is invalid.

Nice try, dinlo
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Quote by PowerOfGlove
How come most musicians are male? Maybe females just generally suck at being musicians, and therefore don't try? I dunno. And I'm not sure if singing is as viable as playing an instrument. Discuss!

Men are much better electric guitar players than women, but what i have heard that women are better violinists than men.
I think you're only looking at band instruments. A standard four piece band has 3 male stereotyped instruments and a vocalist. The voice is the only instrument of those that doesn't have a gender association. Now if you look at other instruments you'll find that several are female based. For example, flutes are by far played more by women than men. If you want to see women in music look in an orchestra, or several other places that don't involve the usual guitar/bass/drums/voice.
How can they have the time to practice when they're busy making sandwiches in the kitchen?

Thats a silly response to a silly question.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by PowerOfGlove
I'm sure you'll agree that there's a bit more to being a musician than playing covers

Depends how you look at it.
I can write my own songs. I've written and recorded several. I still couldn't play a Tool song on drums though
I doesn't matter if there are good female artist or what ever...... there just are that many out there compaired to male musicians... Point has been made. Plus alot of female artists can't play guitar well. like ..... already mentioned Kitty..... Wheres the talent? Plus most women just don't care. Or find classical music more appealing. The female "Musicians" I know always played classical instruments like violin... or french horn or clarinet that sort of thing. I think they like it because it shows more emotion.
Quote by SkepsisMetal

she always looks so robotic and afraid, though. when she did toxicity, the two violinists were both hot and awesome.

EDIT: although the tones were horrible. really? simulating a metal tone on a violin?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by PowerOfGlove

Nice try, dinlo

Calling me a "dinlo" only makes you a dinlo.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
For some backwards reason, musicianship is still seen as a masculine hobby. Young women are inadvertently discouraged from things like playing guitar.
Quote by Briyan_15
I doesn't matter if there are good female artist or what ever...... there just are that many out there compaired to male musicians... Point has been made. Plus alot of female artists can't play guitar well. like ..... already mentioned Kitty..... Wheres the talent? Plus most women just don't care. Or find classical music more appealing. The female "Musicians" I know always played classical instruments like violin... or french horn or clarinet that sort of thing. I think they like it because it shows more emotion.

wat
My sister plays piano and bass, she's damn good
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Page 1 of 3