Page 1 of 2
I landed a job.

I'm now working at Lakeland Toyota... in Lakeland, FL. My dad used to work there some time ago and most everyone is familiar with him as he's a Toyota/Scion/Lexus parts salesman at Autoway Clearwater. He is also the one who told me about the job opening.

Anyway, it's good to be working and having a purpose in life after being laid off over a year ago. That's two Chevrolet dealerships down and probably never again. People want to say "Buy American", but it's Chevy's own fault that their cars and dealerships are going down the dumps, in my opinion. The Toyota place I'm at is also expanding soon and moving to a newer, bigger dealership. So hopefully this won't turn into another layoff like my past 3 jobs.

Anyway... just thought I'd mention my employment status.
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Last edited by TH3M B0N3Z at Aug 26, 2011,
Good for you.

However, **** foreign car companies. They cost my dad his job and ruined my city

...Thats not your fault though, so congrats
Cool! My uncle ran a GM plant in ontario. He now is rich as **** and retired.
Best of luck with your new job!
Are you selling cars there? I sell Mazdas and i'll tell you one thing, the business ****ing sucks. Yea sure we get to drive around fancy cars and stuff but honestly waiting around the dealership for customers 8-12 hours a day gets old, reaaaaaalllllll fast. You can make good money but the amount of work you have to put into it is grossly disproportionate to the rewards you reap.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Lost Dog
Good for you.

However, **** foreign car companies. They cost my dad his job and ruined my city

I has a Mazda.

Personally, I can tell foreign cars are much better quality. I've been in not only my Mazda, but a 2007 Chevy Silverado and a 2009 Ford Focus and their interior quality looked like shit. My Mazda 3 is a 2007 and has way better looking plastic on the inside than those 2 other vehicles. Yeah, that's just 2 cars, but I'm kind of biased anyway. My dad has a 2006 Toyota Tacoma, my mom has a 2003 Toyota Corolla and my sister has a 2000 Honda Civic. My mom did have a 1984 Corolla for 18 years before she got the 2003 and my dad also had a 2001 Tacoma which I had for some time before I got my Mazda.

I think Ford trucks look better than Chevy trucks. Some Chevy cars are nice and some Ford cars are nice, but I think Chevy's are overpriced. I once drove a 2007 Silverado single cab, long bed truck. It had a 4.3 L V6 with 195 hp and it's list price is around 22 grand. My dad's Tacoma has 4 full doors, a 4.0 L V6 with 236 hp and cost under 26 grand. A whole lot more in power, looks and quality for just a little more money.

Like I said, I'm biased.

Thanks for the congrats, peoples.

I'm currently working in the Parts Department and Retail Sales. I'm about to train for the shipping & receiving side because it's a little more in depth and tougher than what I used to do at the Chevy dealers. More responsibility and stuff. Up front, I deal with customers who need retail items like car care products, etc., and I also hand out loaner Corollas. So I'll bring out a loaner, walk around it to check off any damage and send the customer on their way. I quickly caught on to the whole thing. Plus I've never done it before, so it's a new experience.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
I'm sorry for you dude. People suck.

also having a job and a purpose are too different things, are they not?
Quote by Lost Dog
Good for you.

Nah, that's the domestic car company's fault for refusing to innovate while japanese cars are safer, get better mileage, last longer, and not to mention CHEAPER.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by Jawlytomtom
I'm sorry for you dude. People suck.

also having a job and a purpose are too different things, are they not?

Well, I got discouraged over time. I almost didn't go to check this job out, but my dad kept bugging me about it. So I finally went and I got it.

I still had purpose in life, but when you're relying on unemployment money, it's not always the best feeling. I felt like I wasn't truly providing for myself, my girlfriend and her son. Hell, I still made rent, though. The unemployment money sure kept me afloat along with some help from my parents, but it's a good feeling to be working full time again and soon be bringing home hard-earned money.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
Anyway, it's good to be working and having a purpose in life after being laid off over a year ago.

Construction and fast food always hires around here if it all comes to worse, besides your pride, a paycheck is a paycheck.

None the less, Congrats Brother!!!!!
Have fun selling and working on Beige-mobiles. As far as I'm concerned anything with a slushbox should be outlawed and airbags and a/c and radios should be optional. Strip them off cars and 60 mpg will be the norm.

/endsenselessrant
working at car factory =/= purpose in life
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank

It's not a factory. Cars are sold where I work, not manufactured. But I don't sell cars.

My purpose in life is just working and being able to make money. Maybe it's different from what you consider a "purpose" in life.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by SKArface McDank

I read THEM BONEZ response to me and it makes sense. Supporting a loved ones who need your help is definitely a good thing. But I have to sig this, made me lol hard.
Quote by FearMyLightning
Have fun selling and working on Beige-mobiles. As far as I'm concerned anything with a slushbox should be outlawed and airbags and a/c and radios should be optional. Strip them off cars and 60 mpg will be the norm.

/endsenselessrant

Once again, there is a whole lot more that happens at a car dealership than just selling or working on cars.

I'm in the Parts Department. Stock orders come in, we check them in, put them up, sell parts, etc.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Work in construction. Anyone can do it and you make more money as well as learning transferable skills to move into a trade since it seems like you won't go to school.
Quote by Avedas
Work in construction. Anyone can do it and you make more money as well as learning transferable skills to move into a trade since it seems like you won't go to school.

In one month, I applied to about 40 jobs. I never saw anything about construction.

I always thought construction was one of those jobs where it was never consistent.

Anyway, I'm good where I'm at now. I feel more at home since I'm used to the parts department atmosphere. No A/C in the warehouse, up and down stairs, on my feet all day, etc.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by FearMyLightning

/endsenselessrant

Removing airbags from cars would make them just as safe as motorcycles...

Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
TVR's don't have airbags, and you usually see the owners complaining about how dead they are.

/lameTopGearjoke
Quote by FearMyLightning

/endsenselessrant

WTF is a "slushbox"?
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
WTF is a "slushbox"?

This is why I try to not talk about cars with people who don't know anything about cars.
Quote by doomded
WTF is a "slushbox"?

its a mod kit that allows you to dispense slurpees from a dashboard attachment nozzle.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
A lot of haters it seems. Nice job though Bones, a job is better than no job. I'm also in search for work (Part time because of college) But it looks like I'm just going to have to work in a fast food place since I have no prior experience
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
K Reyn, what part of Florida are you in?

Thanks again for all the congrats. I know some people mentioned I could have worked in fast food, but I was getting $432 from unemployment which eventually went down to $388. So trying to pay a nearly $800 rent, $100 to $130 electricity bill, gas, etc. would not have been easy with a fast food job. So I never searched for any jobs like that. I would have been broke by now if I went that route. But I finally got hold of the unemployment office today on my break. I called them 30 times yesterday and couldn't get through. I called about 5 times today, got through, held for 15 minutes and then reported my job. Cool thing is that they're actually going to let me claim another week of unemployment, lol. It should be around $200, so that's something extra I can save. I was surprised to hear that, though. We all know how the government wants to take every little thing from everyone, but if you take from them... no, sir.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by FearMyLightning

/endsenselessrant

Not all people want to drive manuals. I have an automatic but I don't think I'd mind a manual. Lots of performance cars come only with a manual. So many people drive badly anyway, talking on their phones, eating and driving, reading and driving, you name it. So if they all had to do that shit AND shift gears... good Lord. Dey wouldn't know how to ack, son.

My Mazda 3's A/C was actually optional. The salesman mentioned selling a few without A/C to Northern states.

In-dash radios are always going to be included, but whether they have a CD player or not is optional most of the time.

Just curious... what kind of vehicle do you drive?
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
Not all people want to drive manuals. I have an automatic but I don't think I'd mind a manual. Lots of performance cars come only with a manual. So many people drive badly anyway, talking on their phones, eating and driving, reading and driving, you name it. So if they all had to do that shit AND shift gears... good Lord. Dey wouldn't know how to ack, son.

My Mazda 3's A/C was actually optional. The salesman mentioned selling a few without A/C to Northern states.

In-dash radios are always going to be included, but whether they have a CD player or not is optional most of the time.

Just curious... what kind of vehicle do you drive?

Everything I drive is usually an automatic, and I hate it. If all cars came with manuals then there would be less people trying to multitask and less crashes.

There are more and more performance cars nowadays that don't even have a real manual option. I'm talking one where you're touching a stick that's connected to something in the transmission.
Quote by FearMyLightning
This is why I try to not talk about cars with people who don't know anything about cars.

Because you use slang to describe car parts?

I looked it up and its an automatic transmission. I stand by you on that statement,(manuals force you to pay more attention, and know more about your car) but everything else in your post was bullshit. The best way to increase fuel economy isn't to cut out things like radios and speakers, (weighs about 15-20 lbs unless you have subs) or airbags, (might add a couple hundred lbs in the new cars with like 1,200 of them) the way to do it is by making the engine more efficient.

Quote by NoLaurelTree000
its a mod kit that allows you to dispense slurpees from a dashboard attachment nozzle.

DO WANT.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by doomded
Because you use slang to describe car parts?

I looked it up and its an automatic transmission. I stand by you on that statement,(manuals force you to pay more attention, and know more about your car) but everything else in your post was bullshit. The best way to increase fuel economy isn't to cut out things like radios and speakers, (weighs about 15-20 lbs unless you have subs) or airbags, (might add a couple hundred lbs in the new cars with like 1,200 of them) the way to do it is by making the engine more efficient.

DO WANT.

AC causes drag on the engine. Adding more stuff makes your engine more complicated and harder to fix when stuff goes wrong. A Honda CRX gets like 40 mpg. I don't know why Honda doesn't just reproduce them.
Lucky, I've been out of work since high school(2009) and just found a job at Kwik Kar, and got fired 3 days later because I didn't pass a inspections license test.

I've applied for everything I can think of, and nobody is really hiring, it sucks.

Hopefully I can land a job at the Toyota dealership in Round Rock...so we'll see..

HNJD!(happy new job day)
For those bashing Toyota and all of them for being foreign, and bein all "buy 'Merican made".. here's this:
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/autos/1006/gallery.american_made/index.html
EDIT: my point is, "foreign" companies were up there just as much as "domestic"
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Last edited by Assid Rane at Aug 27, 2011,
Quote by PowerOfGlove
and so the moral of the story is...

Get off your ass and get a job?
Quote by K Reyn
4 corners area. You in sales? My buddy is looking for a used pre-runner?

Nope, I'm in the parts department. No car selling for me. I've actually applied to those kinds of positions before, but never heard anything back.

Assid Rane:

A lot of Japanese cars are made in America. Some people don't seem to notice this. Not you, of course.

My Mazda3's finally assembly point was in Hiroshima, Japan... so that sucker is a Japanese model.

Some Toyotas final assembly points are in Canada, North America, California, sometimes Mexico, I think.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
It's not a factory. Cars are sold where I work, not manufactured. But I don't sell cars.

My purpose in life is just working and being able to make money. Maybe it's different from what you consider a "purpose" in life.

Another one brainwashed by capitalism.

Keep maximizing those profits!
Cool story bro.

No, it really is cool. Grats

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 2